Paul Lambert

limpid

I agree that it's strange that McLeish got as much stick, when he arguably did a likewise or a better job than Lambert.

I think the point was\is that we knew what the very best outcome for a good Mcleish team would (about 11th playing awful football)

It was hoped through last season - that we hadn't seen a good Lambert team - so people cut him slack - they hoped a top end Lambert would be better. However things have remained pretty poor for most of the season - with no (or very little) improvement - Lambert can really have no complaints - Im not going to defend him to the hilt, but I struggle to see much better under a new manager - who will just bring a different set of shortcomings.

McCleish would field an entire team of defenders with the express intention of 'not losing.'

Lambert mostly tries to win or at least did at the start.

I agree that it's strange that McLeish got as much stick, when he arguably did a likewise or a better job than Lambert.

I think the point was\is that we knew what the very best outcome for a good Mcleish team would (about 11th playing awful football)

It was hoped through last season - that we hadn't seen a good Lambert team - so people cut him slack - they hoped a top end Lambert would be better. However things have remained pretty poor for most of the season - with no (or very little) improvement - Lambert can really have no complaints - Im not going to defend him to the hilt, but I struggle to see much better under a new manager - who will just bring a different set of shortcomings.

Still think OGS would be a way better choice, he's been struggeling with Cardiff, but thats because they have a really poor side, and it's not always easy to come in the middle of the season. At least OGS teams plays positive football

Still think OGS would be a way better choice, he's been struggeling with Cardiff, but thats because they have a really poor side, and it's not always easy to come in the middle of the season. At least OGS teams plays positive football

Thats the kind of comparison that worries me. Not much to base it on - but had OGS been appointed instead of Lambert I think we would have vanished without a trace.

So Mcleish was able to bring in 3 players on approx 140,000 per week wages in 1 transfer window but people are claiming that he was held back by finances similar to Lambert?? Mcleish took over a squad full of experienced players and was given transfer funds to sign 3 more experienced players(none have worked out) and he played crap football every week! Lambert has been restricted into signing young unproven players on max 20,000 per week while been told to get the high earners out of the club. Their is no comparison between the two managers, Lambert has been restricted through his tenure as Villa manager and it's obviously affected him as a manager while Mcleish had every chance to make us better but was just a shit manager.

Seriously comparing them two is like night and day! So many people just don't want to accept the bigger picture here or are just can't see it.

This, read the latest statement from Lerner, Lambert has worked in the perameters that Lerner has set. No manager before has had such restrictions.

Don't be too shocked but we have a really poor side too.

He signed Daehlie, ex Man Utd academy player, rated higher than Januzaj. Was signed for something like just under 2 mill, and is definetly worth more that all the players Lambert signed in the summer, thats how good he is. He is a creative midfielder, which is something Lambert has failed at signing. Fabio and Zaha and Cala would probably go right in our starting eleven too, if you give OGS a whole season I think he will sign good players.

He signed Daehlie, ex Man Utd academy player, rated higher than Januzaj. Was signed for something like just under 2 mill, and is definetly worth more that all the players Lambert signed in the summer, thats how good he is. He is a creative midfielder, which is something Lambert has failed at signing. Fabio and Zaha and Cala would probably go right in our starting eleven too, if you give OGS a whole season I think he will sign good players.

Fabio is god awful! And as much as you say those players would walk into our team, I would imagine Zaha is on a wage at Man U that we wouldn't be able to afford even as a loan. Cala has had a couple of good games but he's nothing special. I agree about Daehli though I would have liked to have seen him at Villa.

So Mcleish was able to bring in 3 players on approx 140,000 per week wages in 1 transfer window but people are claiming that he was held back by finances similar to Lambert?? Mcleish took over a squad full of experienced players and was given transfer funds to sign 3 more experienced players(none have worked out) and he played crap football every week! Lambert has been restricted into signing young unproven players on max 20,000 per week while been told to get the high earners out of the club. Their is no comparison between the two managers, Lambert has been restricted through his tenure as Villa manager and it's obviously affected him as a manager while Mcleish had every chance to make us better but was just a shit manager.

Seriously comparing them two is like night and day! So many people just don't want to accept the bigger picture here or are just can't see it.

This, read the latest statement from Lerner, Lambert has worked in the perameters that Lerner has set. No manager before has had such restrictions.

Lerner was happy because we survived on the cheap. He's done an awful job and will soon be gone.

Some people got angry when lambert was written off after close too two years in charge, but judge OGS after a couple of months in a side which was already failing? I think OGS will turn out as quite a good manager, even if they go down, i hope Cardiff keeps him

Edited by tomaspg

Fabio is god awful! And as much as you say those players would walk into our team, I would imagine Zaha is on a wage at Man U that we wouldn't be able to afford even as a loan. Cala has had a couple of good games but he's nothing special. I agree about Daehli though I would have liked to have seen him at Villa.

I don't agree. I have seen Fabio a couple of times now and he's definetly got potential, way more potential than the likes of Bennett and Lowton. Cala is solid and technical which is rare in a centre back, i would swap him any day with Baker or Clark. Zaha has nowhere near the potential as Daehlie, but he is an decent Premier League player when in form and with confidence.

Some people got angry when lambert was written off after close too two years in charge, but judge OGS after a couple of months in a side which was already failing? I think OGS will turn out as quite a good manager, even if they go down, i hope Cardiff keeps him

Yeah, and i heard he won the Norwegian title twice. Yeah it may not be the best league in the world, but still, it's something i don't think Lambert would have achieved.

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

He doesn't deserve the backing

He doesn't deserve the backing

40 million pounds worth of shackles?

Â