Paul Lambert

limpid

Out of all of this, I just hope that Saturday is something different than the normal Villa drab

Well I think the atmosphere will at least be better, which is a huge positive.
I'll be very surprised if this effects the atmosphere much. We go behind and lose and I think Lambert will get the same abuse.

I think it's a bit of positive getting Sid in and getting rid of Culverhouse that will help. But I agree if we start badly not much will change.
I was thinking sid may be a negative for Lambert if we're losing. I could imagine an anti Lambert chant followed by a pro sid chant. Edited by Big_John_10

Out of all of this, I just hope that Saturday is something different than the normal Villa drab

Well I think the atmosphere will at least be better, which is a huge positive.
I'll be very surprised if this effects the atmosphere much. We go behind and lose and I think Lambert will get the same abuse.

Maybe it will create a more positive atmosphere for the players and we might win? Just a thought.

If anyone is expecting a significant improvement in the team performances over the remaining 5 matches they may be setting themselves up for a bit of a disappointment.

You can't polish a turd and they aren't going to suddenly become a good team overnight.

If anyone is expecting a significant improvement in the team performances over the remaining 5 matches they may be setting themselves up for a bit of a disappointment.

You can't polish a turd and they aren't going to suddenly become a good team overnight.

It's like the good performances never happened.

Vlaar and one or two senior players spoke to the rest of the team and everyone is desperate to get results for Lambert.

Sorry for just picking out one bit but it would be a lot more pleasing if they were desperate to get results for the sake of the club and for the fans, not the manager.

Otherwise, let's hope, as you say, that things do change for the better from this point onwards. :)

Edited by snowychap

Just read a good point on Twitter. If we do see a big improvement in performance and results then what are we paying Lambert for? If our results and performances re so effected by the backroom staff then that raises even more questions about his managerial ability.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. 

Possible to go into specifics/slightly more detail?

judging by the style of play i can only presume his instructions were

"forget trying to pass, just kick it as hard as you can away from you"

Of what Trent is saying is true then it looks to me as if Culverhouse and Karsa were not only constantly undermining Lambert but dare I say "workplace" bullying even him?! Is this all to do with Lambert's divorce? Karsa took the money but kept a grudge, then with the fangate thing Culverhouse got on board?! It only takes one or two poisonous egos in the workplace to destroy the whole atmosphere.

How many of them?

Errr this is the Villa we're talking about? Being completely different overnight is our trademark this season.

• Like 4

How many of them?

Not my point. My point is we are capable of performing and I don't think the current form is reflective of many of our player's ability.

• Like 2

Remember these "backroom staff" are anything but backroom five days a week when the players are training. These are the guys the players have to work with and they can/will/do have a bigger impact on player confidence and morale than any manager does.

I have a hunch that the players will feel a lot happier with these changes and I would expect to see some evidence of that on Saturday.

How many of them?

Not my point. My point is we are capable of performing and I don't think the current form is reflective of many of our player's ability.

I'd partly agree with that and its another part of why Lambert's doing a poor job.

I'm sure you're looking forward to Saturday, if only to see your team lose, so that you can call for the managers head again.

Haha love these posts. Proven wrong so try to make personal digs. That's a shame.
Where was I proven wrong?

It's funny how you ignore questions that are asked of you, and select one part of a quote that you feel you can pick apart (with further pathetic digs that have become your trademark).

• Like 2

Just read a good point on Twitter. If we do see a big improvement in performance and results then what are we paying Lambert for? If our results and performances re so effected by the backroom staff then that raises even more questions about his managerial ability.

as someone else said last page, not many managers take training sessions anymore, its a well known fact that Mon never took training and left it all to john Robertson (john carew said on the fantasy football club it wasn't uncommon for Mon to go and play golf in Spain between games). This season has fallen well below everyone's expectations, if this reshuffle has the desired effect then lambert should keep his job for me.

Â