Paul Lambert

limpid

I just don't understand it. Play some nice stuff one week, then panic and negative tactics the following week. It's like he's just picking at random now. 5 at the back, hate it.

Today was back to the negative hoof ball/being unable to retain possession tripe we were serving up pre the Arsenal game at VP. There has been way too much of it this season. Anyone can lose to Everton at Goodision. It was the manner of the defeat and our tactics that I am most unhappy about.

I said last night that if we can continue to play has we had over the last 3 games ( Arsenal, Liverpool, West Brom) we'd be fine. If we reverted to how we were playing for the 3 or 4 months before that and we could get sucked back into trouble. I think today just confirmed that.

I hope Lambert/the club as a whole don't regret not bringing in a couple more players in the window. We were crying out for another CB given how injury prone Vlaar is. We were also crying out for some creativity in the middle of the park

Next week against West Ham and the following week against Cardiff are now massive.

Edited by markavfc40

Today was like the vast majority of this season and the perfect example of why some of us were not happy happy with the lack of backing in january.

You can't allow a premiership team to have that amount of the ball and to bring it forward so easily.

• Like 1

We could have won today, if we had actually pushed on once we scored. Instead, we reverted to type and sat back, eventually leading to them scoring the winner. Shite performance, shite tactics.

I wish that result came during the transfer window.

That WBA result gave us a false pretense that we didn't need anyone.

I doubt the West Brom result affected anything with regards to transfers.

I agree 

We had 15 things in the pipeline it was unfortunate none of them come off

Well if you cant blame Lambert for the lack of singings in January ( thats down to the board) you have to blame him for that shower! He picks the team, the formation and the tactics. We should have kept it the same as the West Brom game why change a winning formula?

West Ham and Cardiff are must win now we cant afford to give points away to teams below us!

If he plays the same formation then I think will struggle West Ham know how to park a bus if they nick a goal!

"right lads, this high pressure fast counter stuff we've worked on and played that's got us a few points, forget all that against Everton, when the ball comes near you just kick it has hard as you can"

Frustrating.

The players deserve so much better than instructions to play like that. They have belief and confidence when they set out to attack.

Just a miserly bunch when told to sit and defend. Shit shit shit tactics. What will it take to never see the 532 again?

The table as things stand (unless I have messed up) using just points total.

Villa - 27

Stoke - 25

Swansea - 24

Sund - 24

Norwich - 24

Hull - 24

Palace - 23*

WBA - 22*

West Ham - 22

Cardiff - 21

Fulham - 19

As it stands

Massive game against west ham.

The players deserve so much better than instructions to play like that. They have belief and confidence when they set out to attack.

Just a miserly bunch when told to sit and defend. Shit shit shit tactics. What will it take to never see the 532 again?

After the first time all season you put back to back good performances in why do you resort to that?

Â