Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Genuinely think that Portugal would have been a more favorable opponent for England than Iceland. 

Thing is though Iceland can't play for a draw, if they want to go through then they have to try and win. Unless it goes to penalties of course :wacko:

The bracket isn't great for us though.  If everything goes to form then it's France in the quarter finals then one of Germany, Italy or Spain in the semis.   Wales on the other hand will probably fancy their chances against everybody all the way through to the final. 

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

The bracket isn't great for us though.  If everything goes to form then it's France in the quarter finals then one of Germany, Italy or Spain in the semis.   Wales on the other hand will probably fancy their chances against everybody all the way through to the final. 

If Wales fancy their chances against Croatia, then we should fancy our chances against anyone.

Ok, I'll rephrase, if we were in the top half of the draw where Wales are then I'd fancy us against anybody en route to the final.   Now we are in the bottom half because we cocked the group up again I suspect glorious failure in the quarters again. 

Â