Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Who makes the final from the top half of that diagram then...going to be a new team in the final isn't there?

The romantic would say Croatia but I worry they'll blow up in one of the rounds.

I'll go for Poland, defensively very solid so far so could shut out Belgium. If they can properly get Lewandowski into games they have a big chance I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Who makes the final from the top half of that diagram then...going to be a new team in the final isn't there?

The romantic would say Croatia but I worry they'll blow up in one of the rounds.

I'll go for Poland, defensively very solid so far so could shut out Belgium. If they can properly get Lewandowski into games they have a big chance I think.

A betting man would say Belgium or Croatia. Bet betting men have most likely lost a lot of money on this tournament.

Croatia will really fancy making the final now.  If Modric is fit then they've got the best midfield in the tournament, Mandzukic is a decent enough striker.  They'll be hard to stop until the final. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Croatia will really fancy making the final now.  If Modric is fit then they've got the best midfield in the tournament, Mandzukic is a decent enough striker.  They'll be hard to stop until the final. 

Need to keep calm in the stands though. Worry is the further they go the more the opportunity their ultras can make a statement which obviously impacted on things  on the pitch.

Would love to see them make the final though.

You'd hope that the hooligan element in the Croatia crowd (and they are hooligans, not 'ultras') will have learned their lesson.   They don't like Davor Suker any more but derailing a team who are in with a real shot of doing something incredible isn't the way to go.  Any grievance the fans have with Suker should wait until they all get home. 

• Like 2

Went to the Croatia game last week which they were excellent before it all got a bit nasty. I thought yesterday they were superb and was not even at full strength. They have the potential to reach the final looking at the draw now. If Bale keeps scoring Wales could go far as well.

27 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Shame Portugal got into the 'easy' side by coming 3Rd in their group 

Yeah rather annoyingly their potential route appears easier (on paper) than Iceland who finished ahead of them. 

55 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Yep, I've put £5 on Croatia to win at 10/1 with each way bet at 1/3 (1-2) to cover for a German/Spanish/French domination possibility.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Portugal have been to the final before.. Ronaldo could get them through again.

48 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah rather annoyingly their potential route appears easier (on paper) than Iceland who finished ahead of them. 

If they can get past Croatia then they could go all the way to the final. Get lucky in that game and we could have a tournament winner who came third in their group.

3 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Switzerland v Poland has 0-0 & penalties all over it.

It does indeed. Watch it go on to be the best game of the tournament now :D

Mildly strange to think it's the same round as the Italy-Spain game which sounds more like a final than a last sixteen game. 

• Like 1

Â