Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

So. He doesn't want to move to a middle of the road club. Unless they pay him loads then it's OK  Bye Bye Tom

I'd tell him that we are no longer keen on a middle of the road player.

Well what we've got is somebody saying that he doesn't want to move to a middle of the road club. This person has then said that it's down to the clubs to convince him to join by offering him a huge wodge.

That's not the same as saying that he's only interested in money.

I'll be very interested to see where he ends up now. I don't have a problem with players holding out for the best deal (as we all would) but that does have to be tinged with a little realism too. He is 25 and can't hold down a place at Man U. Sadly for him that means you have to look at middle table clubs.

Everton (a notch up from us these days) may be a possibility but I can't see them breaking their wage structure to sign him given the money they have spent this window and will spend in wages going forward.

Cleverley is nothing special, so missing out on him isn't really a big deal IMO. Especially if he wanted to be on par with Benteke and Delph in terms of wages - he's done nothing to warrant that sort of wage, IMO. 

Yes, he won the Premier League with United under SAF, but his performances since then have been poor. OK, the argument can be made that he's played out of position......if he can't adapt to play about 20 yards deeper then maybe this guy's capability is extremely limited. Doesn't want to play for Villa? Fine. 

• Like 1

Â