Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Professional and personal I would say, personal factors often get over looked by us fans.

He doesn't have a future at United, I don't think he will be there tomorrow but even if he is he won't be there next season.

I think he will move, I think its between us and Everton would be my take I don't see Hull/Valencia as being an options he would consider.

I think the article in The Mirror is likely to be the most accurate thing out there in the press at the moment rather than some of the bilge about wages.

If Everton are in for him, it'll be difficult for us to convince him to join us over them unfortunately. We can only hope, I think he'd be a really good signing for us. 

It would be difficult you would have to suspect, given he has played for Martinez before they are in the NW and lets face it better than us of late.

Like you I hope he lands in B6 but I guess time will tell.

He can't get in to a United midfield which currently has Darren Fletcher either. Not like they have a tonne of CM option to pick from, they just don't want him there. £8m + the wages he (seemingly) wants are a bit too much IMO.

That's a bit harsh. Fletcher played CDM which isn't what Cleverley does and their two CMs were Di Maria and Mata. Cleverley started the previous game IIRC.

Why in the World would United accept a loan deal when they have a bid around £6-8M on the table? It's not like his wages going to be problem for them (if he is on something around 30k). I rather see them letting him train with the reserves than loaning him out when they have someone willing to take him of their hands, just to make an example. Especially when it seems like he is actually getting a better contract somwhere else.

Because loaning him out would give him game time so would attract more potential buyers?

If he only has one year left on his contract his value will decrease very fast and I quess very few clubs want to loan him less than 6 months. And in Jan he can sign for any club he wants without United getting a penny.

Why in the World would United accept a loan deal when they have a bid around £6-8M on the table? It's not like his wages going to be problem for them (if he is on something around 30k). I rather see them letting him train with the reserves than loaning him out when they have someone willing to take him of their hands, just to make an example. Especially when it seems like he is actually getting a better contract somwhere else.

Because loaning him out would give him game time so would attract more potential buyers?

If he only has one year left on his contract his value will decrease very fast and I quess very few clubs want to loan him less than 6 months. And in Jan he can sign for any club he wants without United getting a penny.

If the player refuses to join a club offering the £8m, then what choice do United have? Either a) keep him at United (and his value will inevitably decrease further), or B) take the Evernot loan and fee, which gets him off the wage bill and at leats gets a partial fee.

If the player refuses to join a club offering the £8m, then what choice do United have? Either a) keep him at United (and his value will inevitably decrease further), or B) take the Evernot loan and fee, which gets him off the wage bill and at leats gets a partial fee.

Maybe better in the short run. But i suspect it will give them more problem next time a player isn't in the managers plans and think he can choose a loan deal an go for free as Bosman when his out of contract. Rather have him train i with the reserves. It's not like they can't afford thinking more long term then we did with very limited financial means.

Incase you wondered where the Cleverly 30k a week came from.  I'll post the link but not hte content as it is rather large.

'

Before Stuart’s article went live, Aston Villa were yet to sign Tom Cleverley, who, as Stuart pointed out, “is one of United’s lowest earners, drawing a basic wage of only £30,000 per week”.

I wouldn’t have used the word “only” but it’s horses for courses. Everybody in football knew that Cleverley wasn’t good enough to play regularly for United.

We tend to hound him off the ball easily and make him face his own goal so that he can’t give it to one of the players who can make something happen. It’s crude but effective.

Not every player can be a world beater so, despite the fact that Cleverley’s contract was up in May, I think it will look good on his part if he puts his balls on the chopping block to a certain extent by agreeing to join Villa.

Edited by HeyAnty

He has 12 months on his deal, a loan isn't going to put his price up or attract interest that is beneficial to Man United.

United might go for a loan but it would need to be with sizable fee because a loan would effectively be giving him a free.

Fair point. Didn't realise he only had a year left.

He has 12 months on his deal, a loan isn't going to put his price up or attract interest that is beneficial to Man United.

United might go for a loan but it would need to be with sizable fee because a loan would effectively be giving him a free.

They had to pay a fee for Gareth Barry in the summer, it was part of the agreement. I can see Cleverley going to Everton but it'll be done very late with United insisting that Everton pay up the 8million at the end of the season if Cleverley joins.

They had to pay a fee for Gareth Barry in the summer, it was part of the agreement. I can see Cleverley going to Everton but it'll be done very late with United insisting that Everton pay up the 8million at the end of the season if Cleverley joins.

Sure that would be just ridiculous.

It seems James McArthur could be going from Everton to Wigan for £7m, I can't help but think that could have an impact on Cleverley's destination.

You mean Wigan to Everton mate.

Sure that would be just ridiculous.

Why would it they paid a fee for Barry?

It seems James McArthur could be going from Everton to Wigan for £7m, I can't help but think that could have an impact on Cleverley's destination.

Eh? He currently plays for Wigan doesn’t he?

There are two players with similar names - !!

Eh? He currently plays for Wigan doesn’t he?

Taxi, I need a taxi...

I think McArthur's gone to Palace

Â