Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Thing is though mate, "the internet" isn't some monolithic thing that you can make blanket statements about. It's full of stuff, some of which is true and some isn't. The best thing is, you can actually verify how credible that piece of information is by...wait or it.....using the internet!

I don't know about United's wage bill because I don't care, but if i did, it really wouldn't be that hard to find out if it's accurate or not, and choosing to dismiss it purely because you read about it online makes no sense whatsoever. What medium could they have used to leak it that would have guaranteed it's veracity? Carrier pigeon?

• Like 1

Cleverley isn't crap that's just the way it is.

Cleverley isn't crap that's just my opinion.

And Alex Ferguson's opinion and Martinez's.

Once again stating opinion as facts

He's won the Premier League with Manchester United, to get into that team out of the thousands that play, tells me he is not crap.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/29/manchester-united-sell-fringe-players-welbeck-kagawa-anderson

Its the Guardian who wrote about it. They are about the most reliable news source in the entire country as is the quality of the article. I'm inclined to believe them.

Tom Cleverley, a target for Aston Villa, is one of United’s lowest earners, drawing a basic wage of only £30,000 per week, though his deal is heavily incentivised so can be markedly higher. As Cleverley’s contract expires in May, any terms Villa offer would have to be attractive or he could choose to wait and leave then as a free agent.

He's won the Premier League with Manchester United, to get into that team out of the thousands that play, tells me he is not crap.

Like has been pointed out before, nobody would sign Anderson from United and his record is very similar to Cleverley's.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/29/manchester-united-sell-fringe-players-welbeck-kagawa-anderson

Its the Guardian who wrote about it. They are about the most reliable news source in the entire country as is the quality of the article. I'm inclined to believe them.

Tom Cleverley, a target for Aston Villa, is one of United’s lowest earners, drawing a basic wage of only £30,000 per week, though his deal is heavily incentivised so can be markedly higher. As Cleverley’s contract expires in May, any terms Villa offer would have to be attractive or he could choose to wait and leave then as a free agent.

But this doesn't rule out the reports that Cleverley wants 60k plus, which is what people have been suggesting on this forum.

Anderson isn't crap either I doubt anybody is 'crap' playing in the Premier league for one of the top twenty clubs in the country. But I get what people mean maybe I'm being a bit pedantic.

I don't think he is worth 8m or 60k per week, he hasn't shown enough for me. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Like has been pointed out before, nobody would sign Anderson from United and his record is very similar to Cleverley's.

If you could talk about Cleverley and not mention Anderson just once....that'd be grrrreeeeaaaatttt.

bill-lumbergh2-300x250.jpg

If you could talk about Cleverley and not mention Anderson just once....that'd be grrrreeeeaaaatttt.

bill-lumbergh2-300x250.jpg

If you could stop the abuse of forum members and realise this is an 'open forum' for people to talk about what they like, well that would be great,

Back to school this week?

Edited by dodgyknees

Daily Mail: Tom Cleverley wants to be reunited with Roberto Martinez at Everton. Rejecting moves to Villa and Hull City.

Hope this is true!!!!

Doubt it they have spent their funds on Lukaku et al? Just lazy journo's spouting rubbish!

Daily Mail: Tom Cleverley wants to be reunited with Roberto Martinez at Everton. Rejecting moves to Villa and Hull City.

Hope this is true!!!!

For 60k a week I do too, for around 40k I think we'd have missed a player that would've really helped us in attack.

I'd be a lot happier if he was on 40k (ish), we've had trouble shifting players before because of high wages and if Cleverley fails I don't want that to be another one.

Pat Murphy has said that Cleverley has met Lambert and is keen on the move, but that we're not willing to make him our highest earner.

Up to Cleverley then whether he wants to move now or sit in the stands for 12 months.

• Like 1

Need to remember too whatever Cleverley gets will need to be matched at least when new contacts for Vlaar and Delph are negotiated. Giving him 60k is creating a rod for the club's back.

• Like 2

It sounds like he wants big money and he's more likely to get it if he leaves United on a free. So either one club will pay up to get him before he can talk to other clubs - and that won't be us - or he'll leave on a free and someone will pay up, without needing to pay a transfer fee. I'm pretty sure, again, that won't be us.

Can't say I'll be crying myself to sleep if we miss out on him.

Â