Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

The only problem I have with it is there are plenty of Man U youngsters who have come through the ranks and been extremely highly thought of because, well, they've played for Man U under Alex Ferguson, they must be good. Yet in the cold light of day years later they never really stood out when they dropped down the league or indeed leagues. 

e.g. Chris Eagles, Luke Chadwick, Darron Gibson, Jonathan Greening. 

I remember Cleverley did well at Wigan, I don't really remember his spell at Watford.

I think to be honest I'd much rather Villa spent the money on a player who has proven themselves too good for the Champiosnhip (e.g. Danny Ings) than a player who has proven themselves not good enough to be a squad player at a top club. 

His best loan spell was at Watford i remember it well he was getting rave reviews and banged in 11 or 12 that season!! he did ok at Leicester as well! Wigan was probably the least productive of the 3 and he was ok in patches

The general consensus among Everton fans is they don't want him they want him to come here and believe Gibson is a better player who they paid a mere 500k for

United fans are saying that Gibson is a much better player than Cleverely on Redcafe

Not sure about Cleverley, Fergie must have seen something in him for put him in the first team, and he did do well at Wigan. If it comes off, I'd love him to be great. Who knows. 8mil seems like a lot though. When was the last time we signed a man utd player? Could it be Mr. McGrath!?

I believe our only two signings from United since the beginning of the Premiership are Ronny Johnson and Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Bardsley on loan from Man U?

Ahh you are correct, I was only thinking of permanent ones.

Of course, well remembered. I got all excited thinking about Big Paul. Of the others Johnson was ok, but that's about it.

I think 8mil could buy a more proven AM from Europe, but if TC (tom cleverley not top cat) comes in and does the bizniz then it's all good.

I've watched Cleverley for a while now and I'm still not entirely sure what he brings to the texans he plays in. He's not worth anywhere near £8 million and of he signs I'll be extremely disappointed.

I've watched Cleverley for a while now and I'm still not entirely sure what he brings to the texans he plays in. He's not worth anywhere near £8 million and of he signs I'll be extremely disappointed.

That should say 'the teams' not texans.

Â