Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Never panicked about this signing. Could be the midfield piece we've been missing since Barry/Milner. Despite the limitations placed upon us, this signing does still excite me.

Seems to be a decent signing and I am glad we have some midfield bite at last.

A wide midfielder me thinks.

On Sanchez - very happy with the signing.  He may be limited on the ball but he will allow the others to get forward where he can do the dirty work.  We need presence in the midfield as too many times last season teams just walked through us.  With Okore and Cissokho coming in, we should be a lot more solid. 

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

One more in suggests to me that as it stands they think Vlaar is staying.

I am sure we wouldn't sell him unless it meant we could improve team by adding at least two players.

As Omar said I'm hoping for a wide midfielder/attacker also, would actually be relatively happy with our summer if we got someone in half decent for that position.

One more in suggests to me that as it stands they think Vlaar is staying.

I am sure we wouldn't sell him unless it meant we could improve team by adding at least two players.

As Omar said I'm hoping for a wide midfielder/attacker also, would actually be relatively happy with our summer if we got someone in half decent for that position.

Yeah, if Vlaar goes, they'll surely have a replacement lined up?! Then again....

Edited by dAVe80

Never panicked about this signing. Could be the midfield piece we've been missing since Barry/Milner. Despite the limitations placed upon us, this signing does still excite me.

I think that's expecting way too much from him. It may take time for him to get the measure of the premier league and we need to be patient to see if he can settle in.

even if he signed Monday their is probably no chance he would play vs Stoke. He hasn't had much of a pre-season since he was in Brazil for most of it

And according to some reports on this thread he has not been training with Elche so he won't necessarily be fit, let alone match-ready.

I'm really glad we have signed him but I do hope people will be patient and give him time to get up to speed.

Pete Colley just confirmed it on Twitter, he says Lambert said they'll be one more as well so something else must be in the pipeline!

Sinclair/Moses

I think were still defo in the market for another wide player not itk just a hunch

• Like 1

I think that's expecting way too much from him. It may take time for him to get the measure of the premier league and we need to be patient to see if he can settle in.

even if he signed Monday their is probably no chance he would play vs Stoke. He hasn't had much of a pre-season since he was in Brazil for most of it

And according to some reports on this thread he has not been training with Elche so he won't necessarily be fit, let alone match-ready.

I'm really glad we have signed him but I do hope people will be patient and give him time to get up to speed.

I think that he missed training for a couple of days when the news of the interest broke but as he was in the QF of the World Cup I imagine he only recently returned similar to the Vlaar situation. He will however need time to settle and get used to the Prem which is very different to the French and Spainish leagues. Our players also need to get used to a new system probably and hopefully our other midfielders will be able to get closer to the strikers without leaving our defense horribly exposed.

Personal terms not agreed, Lambert wants to concentrate on stoke game now hence the few days comment. Scoff all you like but nothing will happen on this until next week now and may go all the way to deadline day the way the negotiations are going. I find it funny that people are only to willing to believe things they want to head

http://youtu.be/KBWuDhIv9B0

• Like 1

Personal terms not agreed, Lambert wants to concentrate on stoke game now hence the few days comment. Scoff all you like but nothing will happen on this until next week now and may go all the way to deadline day the way the negotiations are going. I find it funny that people are only to willing to believe things they want to head

http://youtu.be/KBWuDhIv9B0

https://vine.co/v/MFwBJhJXUWW

• Like 1

Â