Aly Cissokho

samjp26

In a side that lacks attacking width playing 4-3-2-1, Cissokho is not the answer.

In a side that is rumoured to play 3-5-2, Cissokho is not the answer

In a side playing 4-4-2 and requires fullbacks wrapping around to give the winger an option, Cissokho is not the answer.

Now... what was the question? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.eyefootball.com/news/24149/Bournemouth-Aly-Cissokho.html

Premier League newcomers Bournemouth could bring in Aston Villa defender Aly Cissokho, according to reports.

The talented full-back joined Aston Villa on a permanent deal last summer from Valencia, having impressed for Liverpool during the 2013-14 campaign.

Reports in France cite that the left-back is likely to make way from Villa this summer, having barely featured for the club since the arrival of Tim Sherwood.

In addition to this, the Cherries are among the clubs interested in landing the player's services during the summer transfer window.

Whilst not his biggest fan,  I'd certainly like to see a replacement brought in before entertaining the idea of him leaving.

Yeah defensively he is sound, but the way we play our full backs need to be attack minded.

I actually thought Richardson would be ideal for that role when we bought him but he turned out to be rubbish, ruining attacks every time.

Cissokho can go, think hes more suited to a defensive team which makes it surprising that Bournemouth are after him as they are very attacking.

It is encouraging that it looks like we might have a decent left back for the first time since the Bouma days in Amavi, if we can land him.

I really would hate to see him go. Cissokho is a solid defender. He can always learn to attack more. It's much harder to teach a player to defend. 

While I never scaled any heights, I was converted from a winger into a centre half in my playing days. Defending is definitely easier to learn.

He's the only LB at the club I trust to do his job but I think being a rotation player is not enough for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go because we're clearly looking for a full back who can attack well and he doesn't fit the bill.

• Like 1

I really would hate to see him go. Cissokho is a solid defender. He can always learn to attack more. It's much harder to teach a player to defend. 

He is turning 28 and played for some big clubs so im sure they would have tried teach him to attack as well

I too felt more comfortable with him at left back, than I did with Richardson, Bacuna or Hutton, but it's clear that Sherwood wants fullbacks who can attack.

I don't mind him being sold, but I just hope we don't let him go for peanuts. He's a good player who now has roughly two seasons worth of experience in the Premier League. We should be asking for £4-5m for him, and then letting teams push us down to £3-4m, as opposed to getting rid for as cheap as possible.

• Like 1

I like him. I think he's solid enough whilst admittedly lacking going forward.

I still maintain he's a decent crosser of the ball, he just struggles at getting into those positions. He's not comfortable in possession further up the field.

However, I think it'd be pretty easy to improve on him so I wouldn't be fussed if he has to be moved on as a result.

Was he training with the main squad today?

Would be surprised if he goes Bournemouth, they've just signed Mings for 8m.

I looked through the photos and video and didn't see him, or Hutton.

Was he training with the main squad today?

Would be surprised if he goes Bournemouth, they've just signed Mings for 8m.

I was just wondering the same thing. Why would they buy another left back when they just broke their transfer record for a left back (Mings) 

Â