Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Hibs becoming my favourite Scottish club. Firstly McGinn (duh!) and now they have two Australian nationals in the squad with the signing of Jackson Irvine.

If we'd kept Mark Milligan and Jamie Maclaren we would have had 4. Unfortunately we foolishly let them go. Look out for the dozens of "socceroo" cut outs grouped together in the West Stand.........good following down under.🦘🦘🦘

Seriously, don't know if its worth the stress following hibs 😄 ...........the frequent term "hibsed it " in Scottish football is used for a good reason. 😧

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

If we'd kept Mark Milligan and Jamie Maclaren we would have had 4. Unfortunately we foolishly let them go. Look out for the dozens of "socceroo" cut outs grouped together in the West Stand.........good following down under.🦘🦘🦘

Seriously, don't know if its worth the stress following hibs 😄 ...........the frequent term "hibsed it " in Scottish football is used for a good reason. 😧

I remember Maclaren scoring a few goals for you early on. I’ve always followed him due to the fact he’s a Villa fan, but I forgot about Milligan!

• Thanks 1

On 30/11/2020 at 09:23, Demitri_C said:

Its better for Scottish football that rangers have improved. 

They were made to work for their point today against Motherwell.

Still undefeated in the league this season so far and now sit 21pts clear of Celtic.

:thumb:

Spoiler

It would be even better if Hibs or Aberdeen manage to get 2nd come the end of the season too!

On 17/01/2021 at 15:55, AvfcRigo82 said:

They were made to work for their point today against Motherwell.

Still undefeated in the league this season so far and now sit 21pts clear of Celtic.

:thumb:

Plus sevcos goal was offside......................where is VAR when you need it 😉

Just got to hope the season is null and voided, get the popcorn in and watch and listen to the seethe from Ibrox

Reveal hidden contents

Edited by newhavenhibby

• 2 weeks later...

Another big result for Rangers again with only 12 games to go.

A decent game last night but Morelos was lucky to have got away with his stomp earlier in the game too and never good to see.

Jackson Irving could have scored a couple aswell for Hibs which would have made it an interesting game.

All eyes if Rangers can remain undefeated until winning the league.

Aye, they got away with a couple of things today......the stamp on Porteous by the wee scrote and a blatant push on Hallberg which should have been a penalty.......no VAR up here 😄

Having said that sevco were the better side and a win was deserved. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be but our pitch is not in good shape at present so always a leveller.

Best thing was watching and  listening to Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV........classic anti currant bun stuff.😄

More annoyed at the Villa result to be honest having gone 2 . 1 up 😧

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

West Midlands Loyal (a bunch of Birmingham based weegies who I've worked with for the best part of 20 years) are getting very excited now.   Rangers need 8 more wins to confirm the title, and that's assuming that Celtic have a 100% record between now and the end of the season.  They Old Firm meet at the end of March and I think it's entirely plausible Rangers could sew the title up by then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

West Midlands Loyal (a bunch of Birmingham based weegies who I've worked with for the best part of 20 years) are getting very excited now.   Rangers need 8 more wins to confirm the title, and that's assuming that Celtic have a 100% record between now and the end of the season.  They Old Firm meet at the end of March and I think it's entirely plausible Rangers could sew the title up by then. 

Tell them this will be their first major title since coming into existence in 2012 as Sevco Scotland Ltd.

Warning......have your tin hat on along with your running shoes 🤣

I don’t plan on getting my head kicked in. 😄

(truth be told I don’t think the Sevco thing bothers Rangers fans as much as other people like to think it does) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I don’t plan on getting my head kicked in. 😄

(truth be told I don’t think the Sevco thing bothers Rangers fans as much as other people like to think it does) 

it does at the games when you're singing,  they're not Rangers anymore.........especially at Ibrox ......watch the seethe 🤣   1 does not sound as good as 55😉

Edited by newhavenhibby

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

49 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

it does at the games when you're singing,  they're not Rangers anymore.........especially at Ibrox ......watch the seethe 🤣   1 does not sound as good as 55😉

It was a theme at the beginning when it happened for other clubs to take aim at but it's one of those where it goes over the head after a while for Rangers fans and doesn't have the effect as much as the other clubs hope.

I understand it's banter for other clubs north of the border etc, but seeing Aston Villa on the verge of nearly going down a similar route, it's not a nice thing for any football club to have to go through and I am for one much appreciative of the work our owners have done to bring Aston Villa back to where we are now.

I am equally pleased for Rangers that they are slowly getting back to their best, even if under new ownership with a fancy name.   B)

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It was a theme at the beginning when it happened for other clubs to take aim at but it's one of those where it goes over the head after a while for Rangers fans and doesn't have the effect as much as the other clubs hope.

I understand it's banter for other clubs north of the border etc, but seeing Aston Villa on the verge of nearly going down a similar route, it's not a nice thing for any football club to have to go through and I am for one much appreciative of the work our owners have done to bring Aston Villa back to where we are now.

I am equally pleased for Rangers that they are slowly getting back to their best, even if under new ownership with a fancy name.   B)

Perhaps if they looked at their own song book and sectarian tripe, fans from all the other teams would let it go, plus getting back into the Scottish League by the back door in 2012.

Irvine Welsh has certainly got their backs up now which is going to cost us big time ........but we enjoyed it.🤣

Edited by newhavenhibby

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Neil "nothing is ever my fault" Lennon throwing his players under a bus after another abject performance. How stupid can you be rehiring a manager who you sacked before. 

A year after he had a go at Gerrard for doing it 🙄

• 3 weeks later...

Rangers are going to win the league in March.   They've been absolutely walking to the title but Celtic have just lost against Ross County who were bottom of the table at the start of the day. Rangers now  18 points clear with 24 to play for.  Old Firm game is in three games, if Rangers win their next two fixtures then they can win the title at Celtic Park with a draw. 

• Thanks 1

Â