Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well done to them. Congratulations 

Unfortunately your going to see alot of fools out celebrating and ignoring government advice. 

fans gathered outside the stadium yesterday and this piece of shit as usual breaks the rules trying to get a reaction

Steven Gerrard defends emotional Rangers fans as Scottish Premiership title  looms | Football News | Sky Sports

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, I'm glad somebody other than Celtic won for a change, wish it could have been anybody else though.

never going to happen now...........unless the uglies p*ss off to a European League etc.

We are still third having played dire football all season and are light years behind the uglies.  Shows how even worse the League is this season.

Edited by newhavenhibby

10 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

never going to happen now...........unless the uglies p*ss off to a European League etc.

We are still third having played dire football all season and are light years behind the uglies.  Shows hoe even worse the League is this season.

It makes me sad to hear you say it, but I suspect you're right. Still, I love in hope.

On 01/03/2021 at 09:34, newhavenhibby said:

Outside the top two, there is little to choose between any of the rest. The teams that beat the uglies didn't make it to the final......Ross and St Mirren. 

Pleased for St Johnstone, despite beating us in the semi, as it is the first time they have won the League Cup.

They are now the second most successful side in Scotland in the last 10 years behind Celtic having won the Scottish Cup in 2014.

They are my Scottish side as I know Perthshire fairly well so I am jumping on that bandwagon! One of the first teams in the UK to move out to a purpose built stadium in the late 80s.

I think the reach of the old firm is shown is the last time I was up in Perth which is admittedly  a few years ago they had a Glasgow Rangers shop in the main shopping centre in the town. Glasgow is over 60 miles away from Perth.

It is strange how mythical getting 10 in a row is. Stein could not do it, the Rangers juggernaut of the 90s could not do it, and now Celtic again failed to do so.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

They are my Scottish side as I know Perthshire fairly well so I am jumping on that bandwagon! One of the first teams in the UK to move out to a purpose built stadium in the late 80s.

I think the reach of the old firm is shown is the last time I was up in Perth which is admittedly  a few years ago they had a Glasgow Rangers shop in the main shopping centre in the town. Glasgow is over 60 miles away from Perth.

It is strange how mythical getting 10 in a row is. Stein could not do it, the Rangers juggernaut of the 90s could not do it, and now Celtic again failed to do so.

Aye, I like St Johnstone as a club and their fans are fine. McDiarmid Park is a nice little ground although the playing surface seems poor this season.

10 in a row should be easier now compared to Steins day etc as the gap between the 2 uglies and the rest is growing wider and wider every season. Celtic will be kicking themselves about missing out this season...........................but having seen the chances missed yesterday would probably have missed making contact.🤣

15 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Aye, I like St Johnstone as a club and their fans are fine. McDiarmid Park is a nice little ground although the playing surface seems poor this season.

10 in a row should be easier now compared to Steins day etc as the gap between the 2 uglies and the rest is growing wider and wider every season. Celtic will be kicking themselves about missing out this season...........................but having seen the chances missed yesterday would probably have missed making contact.🤣

Do you think a club other than Celtic or Rangers will ever win the league again?

Must be getting close to 40 years since that happened.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do you think a club other than Celtic or Rangers will ever win the league again?

In a word......No☹️      All the other sides look at third as being the pinacle.

Since the days of Alex Fergusons Aberdeen who won it twice in the early / mid 80s the differential between the uglies and the rest has been growing mostly due to finances in football. Similarly, the financial differential between the uglies and the English Premier League has grown so at present they cannot compete with probably nearly all the teams in that League and a fair few in the English Championship...........................despite their fans thinking they are brilliant🤣

Dundee United,  Motherwell and Hearts all came close in the 80's but since then it is just the domination of the uglies.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hearts had probably the best chance about 15 years ago until the owner decided to become the star

Would the rest of the league be happy for the Old Firm to leave and play down south or some sort of European league? Or would it just collapse Scottish Football. It is barely a love-hate relationship, more like hate-hate.

Yes I can't ever see teams like Aberdeen or Dundee United being able to compete with them, let alone reaching and winning European finals.

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hearts had probably the best chance about 15 years ago until the owner decided to become the star

Ah the great mad vlad.........................fraud and money launderer ++++ However his biggest error was to replace George Burley when he had them flying in 2005. 

Certainly hate / hate relationship. However clubs do rely on selling 75% of their ground to the uglies ( except Hibs , Hearts and Aberdeen) .........finances rule in the modern game.

Edited by newhavenhibby

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well done to them. Congratulations 

Unfortunately your going to see alot of fools out celebrating and ignoring government advice. 

i agree, but i also get that every single club in the country would do the same. including us.

you might have reduced the numbers we saw however if there was something proactive from the club to stop it. i.e. "please celebrate at home, we'll organise a big celebration festival in the summer" or similar

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i agree, but i also get that every single club in the country would do the same. including us.

you might have reduced the numbers we saw however if there was something proactive from the club to stop it. i.e. "please celebrate at home, we'll organise a big celebration festival in the summer" or similar

Once is understandable. 

Trouble is yesterday was the third "celebration" and gathering as they have  congregated at Livingston last week, Ibrox on Saturday and Ibrox and Glasgow city centre yesterday. With the Celtic game at the weekend, I expect they will be there also........mind you the Green Brigade may have something to say there!  At one of the last games they will be presented with the trophy so expect them back then.

Sevco who are usually very good at issuing statements have said nothing apart from it is to be expected and Gerrard and his players have been encouraging the party firstly after the game on Saturday and then at and outside the training ground yesterday.

Police officers attacked, fighting amongst themselves and smashing all the memorial benches in George Square just a few of their "expected" antics along with, I expect, singing about, up to their knees in Fenian blood. Scottish footballs shame.

As one Motherwell fan has just said..........it is good to see a club other than Celtic or Glasgow Rangers win the League  🤣

Edited by newhavenhibby

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Scottish fans wishing for the old firm to do one is like Ipswish wishing for Mick to go. Cannot live with them cannot live without them.

SPL after a few years would be akin to the Cymru Premier

but not quite so good 🤣

4 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

We are still third having played dire football all season and are light years behind the uglies.  Shows how even worse the League is this season.

Can remember when that Romanov guy took over Hearts and they were top of league with about 8 straight wins and signing some decent players. Then he sacked George Burley for looking at him strangely or something and they soon fell down the league...his approach reminded me of how Cellino did things at Leeds.

That was probably the last time an outsider could've at least challenged for the league but as far away as ever now.

Â