Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

To be fair to Gerrard, he's done great there. 

Yeah I don’t particularly like him, but he has done well. 
What will be funny is all the Liverpool fans clamouring for him to go to them, and I don’t think he’s at that level yet.

Not much to beat in fairness with Lennon losing the plot for most of the season and the usual sevco overspend.  FFS, we are third having played eye bleeding stuff all season,🤣 , so shows the poor standard.

Gerrard got the SFA and refs in his pocket early on.......................biggest question is will sevco have a penalty given against them this season. 🤨   Even Hagi kicking our guy Newell in the head by the penalty spot didn't merit a pen ( Newell was standing at the time!)  so I think I know the answer to that.

Hard to judge how good Gerrard will become as he won't find it easy street down South and if he did do a Lampard and went to Liverpool I think it would end the same way at present. Needs to find a good Championship side and have the dogfight of promotion to the Premier League, if he does that then Anfield would come calling.

If he wants a real challenge then perhaps he should look at Small Heath Alliance, where he may have to try and get them out of Div 1 first. 😄

Edited by newhavenhibby

Surprised it took so long.  Shown up this season to be an average manager at best.

Hope his fragile mental health recovers from all the sh*t and dross comments he has been getting from the so called Celtic fans. 

His high wage earners at Celtic Park should look at themselves as they have let him down .........look at the chances they missed against the staggies  the other night.

Been a great servant as a player and manager to Celtic Football Club and should always be a legend there.

Edited by newhavenhibby

3 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

No chance of the Celtic board splashing out for a manager anywhere near Benitez's level IMO

Especially all the money they have lost on Covid and gate receipts. Rafa would also want big money to spend. 

Except Rodgers the last 3 or 4 appointments have been low budget. If it was a month earlier I wouldn't have been surprised if hired Mick McCarthy 

• Like 2

Great to see the arrogant fraud Lennon forced to resign in humiliation after saying just 1 month ago he would never walk out on the club. In his head he's a Celtic legend but in reality he will always be remembered as the fool who cost them the 10 in a row. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Especially all the money they have lost on Covid and gate receipts. Rafa would also want big money to spend. 

Except Rodgers the last 3 or 4 appointments have been low budget. If it was a month earlier I wouldn't have been surprised if hired Mick McCarthy 

My moneys on Steve Clarke being appointed after the Euros tbh

I know they don't get much love on here but a lot of my family are Celtic fans. Their board have been absolutely terrible, given their financial dominance there's no way Rangers should be winning the league this season. Lenton was a caretaker option two years ago and only got the job permanently presumably as it was the cheapest option and he wouldn't rock the boat. 

Some of their prima donna players never got "10 in a row" and certainly haven't performed for him.  

Steve Clarke is a good shout and feel Celtic will look closer to home for their next appointment ( especially for financial reasons) .............hands off Ross 😄

Edited by newhavenhibby

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Cant see it myself

I honestly think it will be Benitez

if they were in the PL....the american irish support...biggest club in the world...

to be fair there probably will be a fair few links to the likes of rafa but rafa pulled a blinder when he left newcastle and got the world feeling sorry for him, £12m a year he earned to do naff all in china, unless he thinks he's earned his corn and take the cut they cant afford him let alone attract him

you would have to think that lennon has been so bad for so long that they had a plan for him leaving before the likes of rafa and AVB lost their jobs, it'll be steve clarke after the euros or maybe maybe a t a massive push due to him not getting many calls since he left bournemouth Eddie Howe who would treat them as a stepping stone back to a PL club

10 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

My moneys on Steve Clarke being appointed after the Euros tbh

I know they don't get much love on here but a lot of my family are Celtic fans. Their board have been absolutely terrible, given their financial dominance there's no way Rangers should be winning the league this season. Lenton was a caretaker option two years ago and only got the job permanently presumably as it was the cheapest option and he wouldn't rock the boat. 

I hate them both so not just Celtic 😉

2 shitty clubs and unsurprisingly until this morning 2 scumbag managers

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Some of their prima donna players never got "10 in a row" and certainly haven't performed for him.  

Steve Clarke is a good shout and feel Celtic will look closer to home for their next appointment ( especially for financial reasons) .............hands off Ross 😄

Roy Keane link will pop up again, has a good relationship with Dernot Desmond

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

No chance of the Celtic board splashing out for a manager anywhere near Benitez's level IMO

Rafa has made his money to be fair. Do his family still live in England?

I don't see it beyond the realms of possibility, be a good appointment for both.

2 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Probably doesn't help when he's constantly throwing them under the bus and absolving himself of any blame for poor results. I wouldn't perform for a manager who's like that.

Â