Esteban Cambiasso

GENTLEMAN

If we got him you'd have to say this has been a pretty impressive window given the limitations. That's mean the 3 major problem positions had been filled. Not necessarily filled brilliantly, but pretty much as good as we could possibly have done all things considered.

Plus, we'd possibly have a few more to come in afterwards if talk of £15m total for the year to spend are true

15m inc wages apparently

Does he still have the legs? That's the first thing you always ask yourself when signing an old player

He's never had an ounce of pace, though. Question is can a player like that work in the Premier League?

Does he still have the legs? That's the first thing you always ask yourself when signing an old player

He's never had an ounce of pace, though. Question is can a player like that work in the Premier League?

Gareth Barry? Actually, I'm not sure how fast Gary Medel is but he did OK last season.

To stay on topic, I think Cambiasso could do a great job for whoever he plays for. Quality player regardless of pace and age, in my opinion of course.

Edited by villarocker

If we got him you'd have to say this has been a pretty impressive window given the limitations. That's mean the 3 major problem positions had been filled. Not necessarily filled brilliantly, but pretty much as good as we could possibly have done all things considered.

Plus, we'd possibly have a few more to come in afterwards if talk of £15m total for the year to spend are true

15m inc wages apparently

Yeah, but if that's true, there's still a lot of it left. Wages are only factored in for a single year since it's a single year's budget, so we're down maybe £5m overall so far out of £15m. Cambiasso would probably eat into another £2.5m, but that's only half the budget gone

Bloody hope so - otherwise our medical staff are being paid as wasters - normally I prefer if he had 2 legs 2 arms 2 eyes and 2 ears - be a bit weird having a player with some parts of his anatomy missing (but then we have had some in the past with no balls!). Just saying! :D  :P  ;)

Though I largely agree with players being mobile he's reading of the game is superb, so while I agree I think what he would lack in that department would be balanced.

West spam offering 50k & London...:/

Surely if we are in fact moving a couple of players on 50k for a two year deal is worth it. Not like he's an unknown player. 5.2m in wages over two years for a player of his experience is worth it

He's never been quick, he has fantastic touch, a great eye for a pass, is a couple of seconds ahead of most players through speed of thought. He's good at getting the ball back too. Could play for another couple of years if his only job is to protect the defence and not waste possession building from the back.

It's unlikely he'll take less money to play for us though.

I don't think West Ham have any players who have the potential of Benteke, and Ron Vlaar has been stealing the limelight this World Cup. Hopefully the reputation of these players could help pull Cambiasso to us. Maybe Kozak can have a word as well, because he's probably played against him in the Serie A. 

Clutching at straws really....will probably go to West Ham for more money, lol. 

I don't think West Ham have any players who have the potential of Benteke, and Ron Vlaar has been stealing the limelight this World Cup. Hopefully the reputation of these players could help pull Cambiasso to us. Maybe Kozak can have a word as well, because he's probably played against him in the Serie A. 

Stranger things have happened in football but I can't help but think the fact that West Ham could double any offer we give him plus the London factor will ultimately sway him. I also read Spurs are sniffing around.

Stranger things have happened in football but I can't help but think the fact that West Ham could double any offer we give him plus the London factor will ultimately sway him. I also read Spurs are sniffing around.

What makes everyone think it's beyond the realm of possibility we could offer 50K per week on a free to a player of this stature? Or even a signing on fee? Yes I too think he will probably go to West Ham but you never know.

• Like 1

Yeah offering these players £50k for two years isn't too risky, it's the 5 year deals we were giving under the last 3 managers that crippled us. I wouldn't be surprised if Randy sanctions the deal, he is very much looking to the short-term at the moment. Fingers crossed! We need someone with his intelligence and ability alongside Westwood and Delph.

From wiki

Like other Argentine footballers who share an Italian ancestry, Cambiasso also holds an Italian passport, due to his descent from Serra Riccò, in Liguria, where his great-great-grandfather Francesco Cambiaso emigrated from in the 19th century. Among the early family members who settled in Argentina, it must be said that a certain Antonio Cambiaso was the founder of Buenos Aires' Villa del Parque district in 1908.

It's meant to be.

• Like 3

Would be a huge asset to our young and inexperienced midfield. Even having him around the training track would do wonders for guys like Delph and Gardner.

This was what I was thinking, especially Delph. Very clever buy, if it can be done.