Esteban Cambiasso

GENTLEMAN

Whereas I would be delighted at the prospect of someone of Cambiasso's ilk joining us, West Ham will be able throw much more money at him. Not to mention the London factor.

It's arguable that West Ham are better known amongst a certain generation of Italian players due to the DiCanio factor as well.

Yeah but we had Fabio Ferraresi...

People are ruling us out because of the London effect, but is it not possible he'd want to work with Keane? They're both strong centre mids and maybe he'd like to work with Keane before he retires. Yes Keane was an average manager but foreigners who would have admired the United class of 92 won't care about that.

It's probably not even true that we're in for him, but if we are it doesn't automatically mean he'd choose West Ham over us.

Come Monday now I've said this he'll be in a West Han shirt talking about always wanting to live in London lol

Nothing to see here. If he is going to go anywhere it will be west ham. They have just signed his fellow countryman in Zarate, and Tevez/Mascherano may be able to recommend them to him. He has no reason to come to us.

Whereas I would be delighted at the prospect of someone of Cambiasso's ilk joining us, West Ham will be able throw much more money at him. Not to mention the London factor.

It's arguable that West Ham are better known amongst a certain generation of Italian players due to the DiCanio factor as well.

Yeah but we had Fabio Ferraresi...

And he's Argentinian.

Well in that case we had Gustavo Bartelt... kinda.

Nothing to see here. If he is going to go anywhere it will be west ham. They have just signed his fellow countryman in Zarate, and Tevez/Mascherano may be able to recommend them to him. He has no reason to come to us.

I doubt very much whether Tevez and Mascherano will be recommending West Ham, the club was a shambles when he was there. Has Cambiasso ever played with Zarate?

Your conclusion is sound, your reasoning fuzzy.

I doubt very much whether Tevez and Mascherano will be recommending West Ham, the club was a shambles when he was there. Has Cambiasso ever played with Zarate?

Your conclusion is sound, your reasoning fuzzy.

West Ham still did those guys a favour though.

Zarate and Cambiasso played together at Inter.

• Like 1

My guess is he's looking for a new challenge and a team were he'll be sure to have secure starting spot.

He'll also wan't decent wages (nothing extraordinary) and a club with a solid setup (stadium, training ground...) Heäs played for some of the greatest clubs in the world and is used to the best.

Don't think he'll wan't to play for another Italian club, and the few clubs in Spain or France that can afford his wages are probably not interested.

That leaves a few clubs in Germany and England and possibly River Plate or Indipendiente in Argentina.

Then there is his family to take into acount. No idea if they intend to stay in Milan or move with him to a new city.

But no i don't think we'll see him in a Villa shirt anytime soon

Surely this is a bit of snowballed speculation?

He's far too good for us, even at 33.....I'd definitely take him as he's the perfect type of player for our defensively fragile team, though I doubt there's much truth in it.

If there's any player we should be competitng with Wet Spam for I'd like it to be Atsu....bit morely likely to get someone like that.

This is from the Gazzetta...

"Il futuro di Estebian Cambiasso potrebbe essere ancora in Europa. L'ex interista piace, e anche molto, in Premier, dove è in corso un autentico duello tra l'Aston Villa e il West Ham. L'ultima parola spetterà naturalmente a lui, che aveva avuto anche un abboccamento con la Sampdoria di Mihajlovic non andato poi a buon fine. Ma nelle ultime ore si stanno aprendo anche delle possibilità in Spagna: probabile che il Valencia si faccia avanti nelle prossime ore."

"The future of Estebian Cambiasso may still be in Europe. The ex Inter player is liked, and liked a lot, in the Premier League, where there is an authentic duel in place between Aston Villa and West Ham. The last word rests, naturally, with him who had a move lined up to Mihaijlovic's Sampdoria which didn't go through. In the last few hours there are possibilities of a move to Spain opening up: it's probable that Valencia will come forward in the next few hours."

So make of that what you will!