Kieran Richardson

Nabby

Ideally sign an experienced LB like Neil Taylor if he really is available and keep Richardson as back up as he can also cover midfield positions. Bin everyone else as they just clog up the squad.

Copied and pasted from what I put in another thread...

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO  32s

Neil Taylor signs new four-year deal at Swansea. #swansfc

• 2 months later...

There is a left back hit list Kieran. Tony Moon was on it, Cissokho was on it. You're the only left.

Watch your back. Sherwoods coming for you. And there is going to be no facials involved.

• Like 2

There is a left back hit list Kieran. Tony Moon was on it, Cissokho was on it. You're the only left.

Watch your back. Sherwoods coming for you. And there is going to be no facials involved.

Enda Stevens.

Enda Stevens.

Trust you to remember him :P

Bennett has potential and can and I think will improve, Richardson doesn't and won't.

I don't really see any future for Richardson under Sherwood.

He really is horrible at LB.

I disagree there.

I think Richardson's performances last season were greatly exaggerated (in a bad way!).

Don't get me wrong, he's not good enough to be a starter there. But I think he's perfectly capable of filling in, and he did fine towards the end of last season, he just became the scapegoat of defence.

Bennett does have room to improve. But I think people are forgetting just how totally shite he was when he was in the team. He'll have to improve an awful lot to be better than even Richardson, let alone Amavi.

Plus, Bennett will probably be easier to move on than Richardson, so I can see Richardson seeing out his contract with us at least

• Like 2

I agree re Richardson seeing out his contract I think that is highly likely but disagree with most of the rest.

I'm not critical of Richardson, he did his best at LB but he is just not a LB and it showed.

Bennett has already improved since he last played for us which you have to take into account.

I think it's quite unlikely that we will see him at LB this season.

I hate the scapegoat argument. Richardson played well in the cup final by comparison to other players dreadful performances and he actually showed some fight.

However IMO he was under par in every other left back performance he put in.

He wasn't though.

He had one shocker when he came back in in the final third of the season, and everyone seemed to judge him on that. At the start of the season and after that shocker he was alright.

he got MOTM in our first couple of games last season (although to be fair I can't remember if they were at left back)

Richardson offers an attacking outlet that likely appeals to Sherwood.

If it came down to Richardson vs. Bennett, I think Richardson would get the nod.

(For what it's worth, I'm actually quite happy having them both as backup should Amavi be as good as we hope).

That "one shocker" was one of the worst of his performances but the rest were far from acceptable.

He put in a shift for the team playing in that position and fair play to him for that - and yes, he had some good performances at the start of the season (all of which playing in midfield). I think he had and possibly still has a value within the squad as he's a useful squad player.

However I stand by him being awful in all of his left back performances with the exception of one or two games (or moments - e.g. the header off the line in the semi final).

Richardson's performance against QPR was the sort of performance Bennett put in on a regular basis.

He's awful and I'd be much happier with Richardson as back up this year.

Exactly.

Like I said above, I think people are forgetting how bad Bennett was.

Â