Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

Haha yeah that's what I thought.

Sit through it, Ben. You'll appreciate the rest of the tournament so much more!

And to be fair, USA vs Ghana then seemed like Czech vs Holland at Euro 2004 by comparison

Who do people think are the best set of supporters so far, after seeing all (or most) of them? 

Based on what I've seen:

USA (sorry, biased, but we do travel well and make noise)

Ghana- constant drumming, dancing and awesome costumes

Mexico- lots of them, and loud

Argentina- "

Colombia fans were amazing against Greece. A sea of yellow.

This. 

They'd get my vote.

(are fans allowed to be spoken about? Or do they fall under "team" because we're talking about a specific team's fans?)

Ticket sales by country for the World Cup according to Forbes:

01 - Brazil: 1,363,179
02 - USA: 196,838 
03 - Argentina: 61,021
04 - Germany: 58,778
05 - England: 57,917
06 - Colombia: 54,477
07 - Australia: 52,289
08 - Chile: 38,638
09 - France: 34,865 
10 - Mexico: 33,694

Surprised to see the Yanks so high up, flight prices and journey times from the USA to Brazil are about the same as they are from here.  

I have no idea what to talk about in this thread :)

I've watched most of the games apart from Netherlands Vs Spain and Japan Vs Ivory Coast.

Really looking forward to Spain Vs Chilli sauce tonight, should be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TERRIFIC AND GOOD.

Edit 

Very interesting point Stevo, I agree that we should "edit" more, but we should never have dropped Peter Crouch if that was the case.  I prefer fast attractive football, akin to what Chile will be serving up this evening.

Phil Neville is going to run up the hill to see Christ the red nose Reindeer, it'll take him about an hour and 20 minutes.  He's doing it with a friend too. :mellow:

I hate watching footy games in Pubs etc but in Westfield Stratford outside Cafe Football they have a massive screen outside with fake grass put out with deck chairs.  Watched the Brazil game there last night and it was awesome.

that's now 3 of the last 4 World Cups that the holders have been eliminated in the 1st round. People say Champions League is impossible to defend well World Cup hasn't been defended since 62

that's now 3 of the last 4 World Cups that the holders have been eliminated in the 1st round. People say Champions League is impossible to defend well World Cup hasn't been defended since 62

4 years is a long time in football terms. I was watching clips of USA 94 the other day, it's absolutely mind boggling how much quicker the game is now, I couldn't get my head round it.

It's no great surprise that as the game evolves some "other" side catches on quicker than the victors. After all, why would they change the way they play, they're the best there is...

Credit Spain though, they tried to adapt. Too little too late, but they did have a go. I wonder if this years champions will suffer the same fate...

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.