Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

But my point is why are Ecuador able to wear yellow, red and blue but not Colombia?

FIFA's rule is that the kits must be uniformly light or dark.

Adidas interpreted that very strictly (see the monochrome Germany and Spain kits). The other kit makers interpreted it differently.

But my point is why are Ecuador able to wear yellow, red and blue but not Colombia?

They were told to but chose to ignore the request. 

Is this light and dark rule something to do with black and white TVs or is that just a myth?

So, will Muslim players (I'm thinking Algeria) be starting Ramadan today?

Or do athletes get like special dispensation?

(I'm pretty sure I heard Mo Farah talk about such an arrangment before).

I seriously doubt the Qur'an makes exceptions for athletes. 

The worst thing about this World Cup is knowing that, after watching high quality teams playing attractive passing football, I'll be spending the next year watching Villa struggle to string three passes together.

Correction, the next 2 years. :(

The worst thing about this World Cup is knowing that, after watching high quality teams playing attractive passing football, I'll be spending the next year watching Villa struggle to string three passes together.

The worst thing about this World Cup is knowing that, after watching costa rica playing attractive passing football, I'll be spending the next year watching Villa struggle to string three passes together.

:(

chile's back 3 - got relegated with cardiff, got relegated with osasuna, got released by forest - better defence than us

Fighting between fans of Colombia and Uruguay yesterday. The media in Brazil blames the fact that beer are sold in the stadiums during the World Cup because its not allowed otherwise. As Jon Oliver pointed out on the Daily Show, if Budweiser is one of FIFAs sponsors Brazil must change their quite reasonable law for the good of the game  ;)

On a general point, this has been the best World Cup of my lifetime. Awesome from start to finish. Absolutely loved it.

Think I'd have to agree. France 98 was a good one.

On a general point, this has been the best World Cup of my lifetime. Awesome from start to finish. Absolutely loved it.

Yeah agreed. I've been alive for Italia 90 to present day. 94, 98 and this one have been good. The rest were crap.

Yeah agreed. I've been alive for Italia 90 to present day. 94, 98 and this one have been good. The rest were crap.

2006 was decent

2006 was decent

Really? I'd say that was the most boring in my lifetime.

Italia 90 was horrific. I know England did well but **** me what a abnormality that was. Rule changes where made because of it.

USA 94 was so good for the swedes, I cant comment on quality without being biased. Drab final though.

The rest have been up and down. 2010 with the bloody horns made me suicidal.

This one is nothing short of amazing.

• Like 1