Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B7GkohehRM

I thought that was quite funny, and I do really enjoy listening to O'neill. His opinions can be a little different, but he's articulate and interesting to listen to.

• Like 1

might be my age but i cant remember a WC where so many good players have retired from international football

villa, xavi, pirlo, buffon, lampard 

still got klose, eto'o, olic, marquez, cahill, bresciano, kuyt, karagounis, van buyten, ignashevich, drogba, forlan, maybe evra (maybe not with france 16) maybe gerrard, maybe howard

some national legends there

• Like 3

Meanwhile, in the in the ESPN bracket contest...

NoelVilla was the only one to have Spain winning it all, and Zatman had Italy.

Summary of errors (with 8 points left in the group stage)

Sam17374 (who?): 5 points dropped, 1449th worldwide, better than 99.9% of entries

Shillz: -6, 6527th, 99.5%

leviramsey: -7, 22,611th, 98.2%

Scoobyrunner (who?): -8, 69,432nd, 94.6%

NoelVilla, lapal_fan: -11, 488,720th, 61.7%

Stevo985, avfc182, Ksno (who?): -12, 722,191st, 43.3%

tomaszk, av1: -13, 928,181st, 27.2%

Zatman: -14, 1,093,364th, 14.2%

So as the group stage concludes what has been everyones favourite group and why? My personal favorite has been the Spain, Netherlands group. Some outrageously good games, some amazing goals like Cahill and Van Persie. All 6 games were very good and the quality of football was very high and attacking. And it was nice to see Spain finally humbled.

• Like 3

So as the group stage concludes what has been everyones favourite group and why? My personal favorite has been the Spain, Netherlands group. Some outrageously good games, some amazing goals like Cahill and Van Persie. All 6 games were very good and the quality of football was very high and attacking. And it was nice to see Spain finally humbled.

Have to agree with the above, has been some brilliant football played by all the teams in that group. Have enjoyed watching most of the games to be honest, a lot of attacking football compared to the last World Cup.

No football on Friday... that will feel weird.

Very strange. But it'll give you time to iron out the details in the prediction league!

Have to agree with the above, has been some brilliant football played by all the teams in that group. Have enjoyed watching most of the games to be honest, a lot of attacking football compared to the last World Cup.

And no bloody vuvuzelas