Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

BBC v ITV was conclusive

The BBC's coverage drew a bigger audience, averaging 12.1 million viewers and peaking with 16.7 million during the match's final five minutes.

ITV averaged 2.9 million viewers, peaking at 3.9 million in the last 10 minutes before the 90-minute whistle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28289943

Yeah that's a joke.

I don't go along with the VT thinking that Messi wasn't very good this tournament.

I think he was decent enough and it doesn't matter who his goals were against, they were still vital and still won them games they'd otherwise wouldn't have.

BUT there's absolutely no way he should have won player of the tournament.

I'd have given it to Rodriguez. Or if you'd give it to someone who made the final then give it to Muller

• Like 1

I don't think he was crap but no way he deserved Golden Ball, would even say he wasn't even Argentina best player that be Garay or Mascherano

Personally I think Schweinsteiger deserved it he was dominating midfield fro Germany when it mattered most

• Like 2

I'd have given it to neuer, Rodriguez or Robben (maybe not though because if his antics).

Muller scored 4 but I don't think they were vital - if you get me..

Where as neuer made several brilliant saves and is basically a new way of playing a sweeper keeper. He's absolutely brilliant and is changing the way goalkeepers play the game.

I remember seeing him at schalke when he was 21/22 and I said then villa should have signed him, although he was no hidden gem then, he was brilliant.

BBC v ITV was conclusive

The BBC's coverage drew a bigger audience, averaging 12.1 million viewers and peaking with 16.7 million during the match's final five minutes.

ITV averaged 2.9 million viewers, peaking at 3.9 million in the last 10 minutes before the 90-minute whistle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28289943

I'm genuinely surprised by that. ITV got more than 10 viewers? Wow.

Yeah I can't envision any scenario where somebody would sit there given the choice and decide to watch ITV's coverage.

Mark Lawrenson nearly gave me a reason!

• Like 3

Yeah I can't envision any scenario where somebody would sit there given the choice and decide to watch ITV's coverage.

Mark Lawrenson nearly gave me a reason!

You do raise a good point!

I watched ITV because I'd rather suffer through the white-noise of Andy Townsend reciting meaningless clichés than listen to Lawro complaining about everything, like he's doing us a favour by suffering through the boredom of being flown to Brazil, being put in a plush hotel and being well-paid to talk about football for a month. 

When Lawro was commentating the other games, I just watched the Spanish streams online instead. No idea what they were on about, but at least they weren't him.

The only good thing about Lawro commentating is it means he doesn't take up a pundit spot, so viewers don't have to see his shit hair.

• Like 1