Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

Saw something in i paper earlier, 5 reasons why this World Cup has been so much better, can't remember what they all were 1 of them was dodgy refs making it exciting, 1 was the death of 4-5-1 can't remember the 2 butt he most interesting 1 for me was they said Adidas have produced a superb ball

Not really something I'd thought about, i remember the last World Cup ball being a shocker but they claimed that this one is brilliant for crossing and long accurate passing, they guessed that more headed goals had already been scored than at the last World Cup because crosses aren't being over hit, shots from 40 yards aren't deceiving keepers (unless it's Pirlos wonder free kick) but at the same time simple passes aren't deceiving team mates

Found it really interesting

I need a team to support for the rest of the tournament now England are out and Japan (my second team) are looking crap. I want to bask in the reflected glory of a foreign nation.

Might go for Chile.

• Like 1

I understand and agree with the reasoning behind it, but I think it's a shame that the final group games are played at the same time.

I do t understand why bbc and itv can't work together on it and have a game each rather than itv 1 and itv 4

I couldn't help but notice the hundreds of empty seats in the Germany-Ghana match. Pathetic that FIFA stated that the attendance was greater than the actual capacity of the stadium. What a shocker that they'd lie.

But if there are unsold tickets, go out into the neighborhoods and give them away free to the locals, FFS!

I couldn't help but notice the hundreds of empty seats in the Germany-Ghana match. Pathetic that FIFA stated that the attendance was greater than the actual capacity of the stadium. What a shocker that they'd lie.

But if there are unsold tickets, go out into the neighborhoods and give them away free to the locals, FFS!

It'll be corporate tickets that are sold, but the people who have the tickets can't be bothered to attend.

You can't give the tickets out for free, as they don't know who will turn up and who won't.

Happens at a lot of these major tournaments.

and still counts towards the attendance as the tickets are 'sold'