Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

2 African teams in the 2nd round for the first time. Algeria and Nigeria. Ivory Coast also had a decent showing too. But Ghana and Cameroon both flopped with their internal problems.

If I had to order the groups in terms of how much I enjoyed them I would go. B, G, A, D, C, F, E and then H.

Interesting chord sequence, although H is a hard one to play.

And so does yours ;)

Anyway there is a now a money row with the Nigeria squad. They refused to train yesterday until they get their bonus money. Why does this always seem to happen with African nations at the world cup.

Why does this always seem to happen with African nations at the world cup.

I'm guessing extortion rackets are conducted more openly in developing countries than ones with stronger systems in place to combat them. The players know they have leverage, and if they also have no shame, then it's pay up time!

But is the Nigerian FA contractually obligated to pay the players? I can understand a stipend or something, but an actual paycheck seems contrary to common practice in most countries...

Random question but FIFA are saying Colombia must wear white shorts and socks because they want teams to be either light or dark. But what about Ecuador. They were wearing red  and blue shorts and socks.

Random question but FIFA are saying Colombia must wear white shorts and socks because they want teams to be either light or dark. But what about Ecuador. They were wearing red  and blue shorts and socks.

FIFA consider Red and Blue dark, that's why Spain and Holland both wore away kits during their match.