Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

I was going to say the same as DDID, plus I think the Euro nations are pulling away from their South Amercian counterparts.. top 3 places in 2010 were European nations (Uruguay 4th) and all 4 semi finalists in 2006 as well. Might just be a phase and this competition sees Argentina and Brazil do something...

There is always a team that starts cagey and improves as the tournament goes on.  Will be interested to see the Ger v Por match tonight as I think Germany have a good chance of winning the whole thing imo.

There is always a team that starts cagey and improves as the tournament goes on. Will be interested to see the Ger v Por match tonight as I think Germany have a good chance of winning the whole thing imo.

I'm not convinced by Germany at all. 4 center backs starting, Khedira back from long term injury and Lahm carrying a knock or 5 too. And they don't really know their best forward set up with Reus out and with a 35 year old Klose leading the line.

Anyway, the European players generally look fitter, stronger and looser so far. I'm aware its one round of games of course, I just found it very interesting.

There is always a team that starts cagey and improves as the tournament goes on. Will be interested to see the Ger v Por match tonight as I think Germany have a good chance of winning the whole thing imo.

I'm not convinced by Germany at all. 4 center backs starting, Khedira back from long term injury and Lahm carrying a knock or 5 too. And they don't really know their best forward set up with Reus out and with a 35 year old Klose leading the line.

Anyway, the European players generally look fitter, stronger and looser so far. I'm aware its one round of games of course, I just found it very interesting.

You could argue that the South American teams know that playing the fast paced game of Europeans works fine in two or three games, but stretched over a month in Brazil would be exhausting.

Anyway most of the big hitters work their way into tournaments. It's hard to make a judgement after one game.

It is **** great so far, though.

Its brilliant yeah. No draws so far, 5 come back victories, over 3 goals a game. They're making up for South Africa.

I don't buy the argument about saving energy though, its the World Cup, I can't see any nation taking that risk. Aside from Spain, who will surely have learned from their stroll in the park attitude.

I actually think the European players are more athletic generally and oddly more suited to the conditions, physically and mentally.