Other chat: not for match, team or player chat

limpid

On a general point, this has been the best World Cup of my lifetime. Awesome from start to finish. Absolutely loved it.

Think I'd have to agree. France 98 was a good one.

Yeah agreed. I've been alive for Italia 90 to present day. 94, 98 and this one have been good. The rest were crap.

2006 was decent

Really? I'd say that was the most boring in my lifetime.

I think it was better than 2002 and the awful 2010

Italia 90 was horrific. I know England did well but **** me what a abnormality that was. Rule changes where made because of it.

USA 94 was so good for the swedes, I cant comment on quality without being biased. Drab final though.

The rest have been up and down. 2010 with the bloody horns made me suicidal.

This one is nothing short of amazing.

Italia 90 FTW! Best one i have ever seen and will always be I think. It wasn't just about England, it was everything. Looking back on the stats, it would appear to be low scoring and dull but it never seemed like that. 

USA 94 was good as the Americans know how to organise a tournament. 

2002 was a great time in my life, A levels exam leave, didn't miss a game, parents went on holiday for 2 weeks, FFX came out, spent all morning watching football getting pissed, all afternoon sleeping and then all night playing playstation

• Like 2

Yes, scheduling the final to be at 12 noon in Los Angeles in July was a masterstroke! ;) 

I think it mentions something about that you don't have to fast if it will endanger your health. And obviously if you are playing in those kind of conditions in Brazil, whilst fasting it could be a health risk. So kind of a Ramadan loophole.

Yeah, they make up for any missed fasts after Ramadan.
  • Like 1

They can claim exemption from fasting as they are travelling and make them up at a later date.  I guess some Muslim players might choose to fast on non match days. 

So, who are my fellow Englishmen supporting now, if anyone?

I have money on France to get to the final so that's obvious and I do enjoy watching them play, as well as thinking they look the most complete side here and thus perhaps the most deserving. Germany will be the acid test, play Benzema central and I think they'll smoother them.

That said, I'd absolutely love to see Colombia lift the trophy. A new winner would be a fitting end to a great tournament.

Or perhaps Argentina, for Messi.

Basically, anyone but Brazil or Germany!

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Yes, scheduling the final to be at 12 noon in Los Angeles in July was a masterstroke! ;)

It was FIFA who did the scheduling, not the hosts.

The South Korea team have been pelted with toffees on their return to Seoul. That must be the strangest 'insult' in history. If someone threw sweets at me, I would pick them up and eat them.

• Like 3

I barely remember Italia 90 as I was only 5.  I remember bits and I loved the computer game!  However 94 and 98 were my favourites up until now.  94 was my first proper world cup and everything about it seemed huge even though England were not in it.  I just supported Rep of Ireland because of all the Villa players.  Final was awful though. This World Cup has been brilliant although I have not watched the last two or three matches properly.  I really hope someone like Colombia or Belgium win it as then it will really go down as one of the best ever.

Edited by omariqy

I barely remember Italia 90 as I was only 5.  I remember bits and I loved the computer game!  However 94 and 98 were my favourites up until now.  94 was my first proper world cup and everything about it seemed huge even though England were not in it.  I just supported Rep of Ireland because of all the Villa players.  Final was awful though. This World Cup has been brilliant although I have not watched the last two or three matches properly.  I really hope someone like Colombia or Belgium win it as then it will really go down as one of the best ever.

Even if Brazil win, it could still go down as the best ever as long as the games are up to snuff.

Houllier has said FIFA are set to announce a 4th sub will be made available in extra time in 2018

FIFA sorting their main problems out then...

Racism??? Corruption??? Nah, lets add a fourth sub for a tournament in four years time. Typical Fifa logic.