Joe Cole

TrentVilla

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed PaulC but he has not had as many opportunities as Andi has had. I think both can contribute in what is left of the season but Joe was never going to play every game and if he can give us a couple of good games (possibly off the bench) then I will take that. 

• Like 2

Lambert was desperate though, no money and desperately needed numbers/experience in the squad. That said an utterly useless signing, the fact that we never learn is the worst bit, any casual football fan could have told you Cole was a bad idea.

He gets 2 years wages for doing absolutely nothing, more brilliant business by Villa.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently having a lot of input in team talks and training, hasn't missed a game either (even if not on the bench - which I noticed myself, actually being in the dug out when he doesn't need to be).

As much as he has had issues preventing him from playing, he was arguably the most technically gifted English player for a very long time and I think his experiences and ability in general will prove to be helpful to our younger players. Personally I'd get him to start his coaching badges.

• Like 1

......With Sherwood,Cowans, Cole & Petrov about the place.....there should be a fair bit of midfield advice flying around at BMH

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â