The Careers/Jobs thread

Tayls

Be positive.

What is it you have gone for if you don't mind me asking?

Bodily injury department in motor insurance same money as I'm currently on but with a chance to progress and earn a few more quid in the future Edited by leemond2008

Be positive.

What is it you have gone for if you don't mind me asking?

Bodily injury department in motor insurance same money as I'm currently on but with a chance to progress and earn a few more quid in the future

Do you work in insurance at the moment then? Good luck hope you get some good news!

I'm fed up with my job too. I was looking on the job sites and there was a link for a modelling agency, I thought I'd put my name and picture up for a laugh but actually got a phonecall back asking for an audition the other day. Anyway, I told them I wasn't really interested in it, but still felt quite good about myself until I checked the website again and it said they take on 80% of applicants. **** knows what I'd have ended up modelling.

Time to look for a new job methinks… really can't abide writing a CV though… job for the missus methinks

This is why I always keep my CV up to date, even if I'm happy in my job.

Once a month on a Sunday I have a look, and add on anything of note I've done in the last 4 weeks. Takes about 10 minutes.. I never take anything off, until I'm applying and tailoring it to specific vacancies. It's a constantly updated growing document so I don't have to try and remember what I've been doing for the last 2 years when the time comes to move.

Time to look for a new job methinks… really can't abide writing a CV though… job for the missus methinks

This is why I always keep my CV up to date, even if I'm happy in my job.

Once a month on a Sunday I have a look, and add on anything of note I've done in the last 4 weeks. Takes about 10 minutes.. I never take anything off, until I'm applying and tailoring it to specific vacancies. It's a constantly updated growing document so I don't have to try and remember what I've been doing for the last 2 years when the time comes to move.

We may be getting to the bottom of your issues with the fairer sex.

If this is on your online dating profile I can see why you're only pulling nutters and Nazi's.

;)

• Like 1

It feels really weird man, I've been in that job for 10 years and working with everyone there for between 10 and 6 years, the people ain't like colleagues it is more of a family atmosphere there so it'll be strange going onto a quieter department and actually feeling like I'm going to work rather than to chat with distant family members that I don't like.

It's a bit daunting but I'm really looking forward to it.

Same money, more experience and a he'll of a lot more chance of progression.

Even if I hate it there after 12 months I'll have the experience to move somewhere else so it's win win for me.

The bird that I sit opposite didn't speak to me all afternoon when I told her I had got the new job.

• Like 1

Â