New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s why it won’t win because the stats said fans didn’t want a shield.  I knew what you meant, I was just making a point.  Sorry mate!

No need for an apology, fair enough!

I do think it's weird how they positioned it in the supporting materials / narrative, and only serves to strongly support the argument that they've really wanted the round badge outcome all along.

The irony being that I, and many others it seems, like it less regardless 😅

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Meanwhile Real Madrid and Bayern Munich 

LinkedIn Profiles graphical representation : r/funny

Is that North Korea by any chance?

If so how do you get medals down your leg when your armed forces haven't actually fought in an actual battle involving people since two years after villa last won the FA Cup?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have yo agree with comments about turning the lion round.  This didnt need to happen

You mean it didn't need turning from it's original forward looking stance to looking backwards in the 1956 badge ?

Or it didn't need restoring to it's original position on these new badges ?

Edited by CosmicVillan

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The one good thing is they got rid of AVFC that was the dumbest idea ive seen.  How can you not have aston villa on the badge. Ridiculous 

Because twitter, innit.

Both designs are alright and better than the current one. Getting used to the opposite direction. Positives and negatives to both.

Said elsewhere that we’d ultimately have something which would be slightly underwhelming. A sense of “was it worth all this fuss?”.

• Like 1

Just wondering, in the current age, is it wise to have a crest based on a 'gaslight'? People will think we're taking the p**s. We'll have to call it an 'illumination pillar', or something.

• Haha 2

for those wondering about the lion facing to the right

this was our first badge

spacer.png

Aston Villa FC
1878 - 1886

The Scottish identity assumed its greatest importance when McGregor decided the lion from Scotland’s royal crest should be the emblem of Aston Villa.

The lion facing to the left came in on our third badge 

Aston Villa FC
1956 - 1969

The Scottish lion is back in red on a blue with a gold trim shield. Below is a blue with a gold trim banner with a wordmark “PREPARED” in gold.

spacer.png

I really like both designs and as a result I'm struggling with the vote...

The Gaslight/Shield is both a nod to the past and forward thinking in that it is different and unique which I like.

But call me a traditionalist I want to vote for the round badge, however we have had that before.

I can't decide....

• Like 1

Option 1 would be better if Aston Villa was in blue the yellow looks out of place.

Option 2 is miles better but the lion looks pissed.

Vote on shape then vote on which way the lion faces and with or without star and I would be happier.

Fans consulted must have been drunk too for a right facing lion 😞