New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Was between Spurs and Palace for me, and I went with Palace. Norwich for EFL. Looking at the Frankfurt logo, I wouldn't mind something like that for us. No text, just the lion. I'd rather just have the lion by itself though. Somehow incorporated with our name like Palermo:

Manchester City owners continue Palermo takeover approach - Football Italia

Something like that with the lion blended in to AV and our full name below it works for me. 

I did want 1874 on it earlier but think I'm going off that idea now. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Something like that with the lion blended in to AV and our full name below it works for me. 

I did want 1874 on it earlier but think I'm going off that idea now. 

Venezia have done something similar. It's a good effort.

New Venezia crest.jpg

• Like 1

Until I saw all the crests on a page in the survey I didn't realise how many clubs have the round shield with an emblem in the middle and words on the outside. I know it is the current in look but it does make it hard to pick out club badges from a lineup. I wonder if in 10 years time as fashion changes we will still see so many round badges.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't hold much truck with these modern "clean" badges - Juventus's is a lovely piece of design, but I'd be horrified if we went that way.

We're not a Tesla or a Playstation 5 and we're not Balenciaga - we're Oxford and Cambridge, we're the Bank of England.

The words that were missing from the survey for me were integrity, fairness and importance - that's what I want our badge to say about us, I want it to scream that we are 'old money', that we're the establishment, we're the bricks and mortar of football. I want fans of other teams to be saying "What are Villa doing about this?" because we're seen as the team that do things the right way - a leader and example.

I don't want us to be modern, exciting or, for f***s sake, "fun", I want us to be the smart guy in the fitted suit with the slicked back grey hair that stinks of money and speaks quietly because he doesn't need to shout.

Give me a badge that looks like it was designed when we were formed - not one that sways in whatever direction some bloke at a design house happens to be leaning on any given day.

I want permanence, class, quality - not some simplified compromise of clean design that "works well on all platforms".

I have a feeling I'm not going to like the badge.

You’re going to hate the badge.

7 hours ago, May-Z said:

Venezia have done something similar. It's a good effort.

New Venezia crest.jpg

I could see us doing something similar, but have the AV leaning into each other almost. Kind of the like the New Balance logo. The Lion would be secondary then but perhaps more centralised over the letters.

If I was a Venezia fan I’d be upset by loss of the black. And the lion fairy, obvs. 

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't hold much truck with these modern "clean" badges - Juventus's is a lovely piece of design, but I'd be horrified if we went that way.

We're not a Tesla or a Playstation 5 and we're not Balenciaga - we're Oxford and Cambridge, we're the Bank of England.

The words that were missing from the survey for me were integrity, fairness and importance - that's what I want our badge to say about us, I want it to scream that we are 'old money', that we're the establishment, we're the bricks and mortar of football. I want fans of other teams to be saying "What are Villa doing about this?" because we're seen as the team that do things the right way - a leader and example.

I don't want us to be modern, exciting or, for f***s sake, "fun", I want us to be the smart guy in the fitted suit with the slicked back grey hair that stinks of money and speaks quietly because he doesn't need to shout.

Give me a badge that looks like it was designed when we were formed - not one that sways in whatever direction some bloke at a design house happens to be leaning on any given day.

I want permanence, class, quality - not some simplified compromise of clean design that "works well on all platforms".

I have a feeling I'm not going to like the badge.

Well said. 

My one word to describe what I want out of my badge was "007". Well not really a word but "James Bond" feel, with grace and class. 

16 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I went with Arsenal. It looks modern, but conveys history. Has a shield (although I picked our old roundel as my fav. villa crest), but does something different with it. Plus the colours are classic, can't really go wrong. I don't mind City though, although they play up the sailing ship motif a lot for a city that can only be reached by ship via a canal. Can you even sail through a canal, or would you need to use oars/legging? 

Same here. The shield contradicted most of my other answers, but Arsenal have got theirs spot on. Easily identifiable as Arsenal, whilst still being modern.

12 hours ago, jacksonho said:

Until I saw all the crests on a page in the survey I didn't realise how many clubs have the round shield with an emblem in the middle and words on the outside. I know it is the current in look but it does make it hard to pick out club badges from a lineup. I wonder if in 10 years time as fashion changes we will still see so many round badges.

Agreed. It’s totally put me off the round badge idea tbh 

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I wonder if we can just have a real simple design with just a lion and maybe the words Aston Villa somewhere?   Obviously not white though.

974D0E06-C7CE-46C0-B348-E2F763975704.jpeg.308366607b5fd4bda12df0c6fef57734.jpeg

This is exactly what I want 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

eintracht-frankfurt-pre-match-short-slee

seems everyone loves Frankfurt and for good reason. Top tier. No or minimal text pls.

I think the best thing would be to have a component based badge, where we have a lion used on its own, a lion on a simple badge like above and a full logo with Aston Villa text underneath/ in-line depending on the context it’s used in.

I’d be happy with a version of that. We have the most majestic name in football, and we need to maximise on it. Nobody could tell you what AVFC means outside our base. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a m ole said:

eintracht-frankfurt-pre-match-short-slee

seems everyone loves Frankfurt and for good reason. Top tier. No or minimal text pls.

I think the best thing would be to have a component based badge, where we have a lion used on its own, a lion on a simple badge like above and a full logo with Aston Villa text underneath/ in-line depending on the context it’s used in.

Edited as apparently I can't read. I'd be in favour of that.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1