$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Not sure quite what all the hostility towards TBAR is about?

We're all Villa fans at the end of the day. I personally find it amusing the way people like Woodhall, Pauliewalnuts etc are getting their nickers in a twist over the new board.

Lets face it-Unless the Admin guy was getting info directly from Lerner, it is not going to be 100% accurate. The fact he posted that Culverhouse was sacked when he was in fact suspended is an example BUT the story was near enough along those lines.

Now it is quite possible that an interested party are in quite an advanced stage regarding negotiations. It is also possible that another interested party has shown interest at the 11th hour, as people on this thread have mentioned. These negotiations have been going on for months. As they have developed, more & more people have become privy to the situation, this is perfectly normal. It is only at this point that people like Admin are receiving info.

I think the "Mr Sensibles" on here are really clutching at straws if they think all of this has been made up in order to boost membership to a message board. He's posted what he's been told & I for one am glad he has-I like to hear snippets about our club.

Lets cut out the I'm a better fan than you" & the "ours is a better board than yours" rubbish-There really is no need for it.

If a 2nd party gets involved - then that puts the seller in a stronger position - could be that this has happened - so the original buys have backed off somewhat - Lets not forget Randy's takeover was dead in the water at one stage.

I think it is quite likely we will see a bidding war tbh.

I don't think it will be 'I will give 250m'  'I will bid 275m'  'Do I hear £300m'

It will be the one Randy wants to deal with - or depending on how much he still loves us - the buyer he feels best to take us forward.

From memory, there are usually quite a few interested - but the buyer want to know where the money is coming from - this is where a lot fall away....

You are probably right, the one thing I am sure of is that we are an attractive prospect for any owner - the perfect clean canvas.

Well Admin didn't did he?

He made a bit of a fool of himself by milking the announcement of new owners & then backtracking by stating someone else was now in (at dare I say, the 11th hour)

There is another bloke (Dinkleham) who is posting all sorts of detail about 4 or 5 different bids. Don't know much about this poster or the authenticity of his info but believe Admins to be more than just posting for the sake of it.

I really doubt it's Ellison, it's just wishful thinking. There's been nothing concrete linking him to us - his name only keeps popping up because he's so rich.

Edited by Mantis

What do you make of this by Admin at TBAR suggesting that Lambert has gone. I think its a few days old judging by the posts it links to.

http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=3bcbacb52740178aa08d81df5&id=2b821c2bdf

I think this guy has heard some genuine info about the Culverhouse thing, but is now seriously pushing his luck with speculation.

A Dramatic Opening

A Dramatic Ending

Hello and welcome to the first newsletter from "The Bells Are Ringing".

After being open for conversation about all things Aston Villa (and a lot of things that aren't) for only a few weeks, we were hit with the exciting news that our beloved club had apparently attracted a buyer and a deal was done and (just about) dusted.

And, just as things were starting to get exciting (at least OFF the pitch), we are the first to announce that Paul Lambert has left the club.

We'd received a tip last weekend that an "All Must Attend" meeting with Paul Lambert was set down at the club's training grounds for Thursday morning and we were hoping for the best possible outcome. It seems our wishes have been granted!

As for the take-over, well we were as surprised as anyone else when we heard of this from one of our reliable sources but when another of our contacts at the club got in touch with the same information, our surprise became excitement!

Who are the new owners? What will they bring? Will they be like Mansour at Man City or Yeung at Birmingham City?

Only time will tell and, of course, you'll hear about it at TBAR first so stay tuned.

Join the conversation about the takeover here:

http://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t211-takeover-imminent

Join the conversation about the manager here:

http://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t211-takeover-imminent

A dramatic opening for us.

A dramatic ending of the season for the Villa.

Thanks for reading and Up The Villa!

Admin.

The Bells Are Ringing

A truly independent fans forum for Aston Villa Supporters

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

What do you make of this by Admin at TBAR suggesting that Lambert has gone. I think its a few days old judging by the posts it links to.

http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=3bcbacb52740178aa08d81df5&id=2b821c2bdf

I think this guy has heard some genuine info about the Culverhouse thing, but is now seriously pushing his luck with speculation.

A Dramatic Opening

A Dramatic Ending

Hello and welcome to the first newsletter from "The Bells Are Ringing".

After being open for conversation about all things Aston Villa (and a lot of things that aren't) for only a few weeks, we were hit with the exciting news that our beloved club had apparently attracted a buyer and a deal was done and (just about) dusted.

And, just as things were starting to get exciting (at least OFF the pitch), we are the first to announce that Paul Lambert has left the club.

We'd received a tip last weekend that an "All Must Attend" meeting with Paul Lambert was set down at the club's training grounds for Thursday morning and we were hoping for the best possible outcome. It seems our wishes have been granted!

As for the take-over, well we were as surprised as anyone else when we heard of this from one of our reliable sources but when another of our contacts at the club got in touch with the same information, our surprise became excitement!

Who are the new owners? What will they bring? Will they be like Mansour at Man City or Yeung at Birmingham City?

Only time will tell and, of course, you'll hear about it at TBAR first so stay tuned.