$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Ellison doesn't even own an american sports team if my google is correct so it's unlikely that it's him.

Did find an article that he have tried to purchase a NBA-team but backed off for some reason. He was involved in Americas Cup so he is into some sport but it's not Ellison.

I think Ellison owns some Tennis Tournament that's meant to be the biggest outside the 'Opens'. I don't know whether it's true or not, probably not but I'm pretty sure that he's who 'Admin' meant when he said someone considerably richer.

I think we might be better with someone who didn't already own another sports team.

Imagine this scenario. We have a billionaire owner who has stated he wants to sign world class players. We have a highly rated manager in charge.

The summer transfer window opens. We are linked with some top names, the excitement and anticipation is too much to bear, the forums have reached melting point.

At last the first signing is announced.......Marlon Harewood!

Wtf!

• Like 1

I think there is a lot of wishful thinking going on regards Ellison, sounds like they are trying to convince themselves because he's worth $49 billion. 

Philip Anschutz sounds more logical though. My only worry would be his many other footballing commitments in the US so he would struggle to be fully committed to Villa time wise.  

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

Really can't see it being Ellison. Philip Anschutz is a much better shout.

Philip Anschutz was a founder member of the MLS and saved it from failing a number of times by buying and running half a dozen franchises. As well as that experience, AEG which he owns, control many entertainment arenas such as the O2 arena, Wembley arena, LA galaxy arena, LA Staples centre etc etc. This is the kind of owner we need. Here's hoping! 

I think there is a lot of wishful thinking going on regards Ellison, sounds like they are trying to convince themselves because he's worth $49 billion. 

Philip Anschutz sounds more logical though. My only worry would be his many other footballing commitments in the US so he would struggle to be fully committed to Villa time wise.  

Doesn't he own just the one franchise now?

Imagine this scenario. We have a billionaire owner who has stated he wants to sign world class players. We have a highly rated manager in charge.

The summer transfer window opens. We are linked with some top names, the excitement and anticipation is too much to bear, the forums have reached melting point.

At last the first signing is announced.......Marlon Harewood!

Wtf!

Ah the second coming of Dither...

No, listen... I'll be delighted. Absolutely delighted. *threatens to sue*

Dear new owner,

If you could post a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper on which are written the words "Scuba Steve" I guarantee that we, the fanbase will be behind you forever.

Thank you.

Off topic but what is the scuba Steve stuff I must've missed that in off topic

Dear new owner,

If you could post a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper on which are written the words "Scuba Steve" I guarantee that we, the fanbase will be behind you forever.

Thank you.

Off topic but what is the scuba Steve stuff I must've missed that in off topic

Go over to the Hall of Fame and read the Honeytrap thread, it'll be worth you time  :lol:

• Like 1

I think Ellison owns some Tennis Tournament that's meant to be the biggest outside the 'Opens'. I don't know whether it's true or not, probably not but I'm pretty sure that he's who 'Admin' meant when he said someone considerably richer.

I think we might be better with someone who didn't already own another sports team.

Carson Yeung?