$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Im not ITK or anything, but I've heard Lambert 'might' be staying bringing in Hoolahan and some lad from bloose if they get relegated to League 1. All exciting stuff, we will wait an see. I'll be back with that info on bloose at a later date......Maybe next season.

I don't know if this is serious - But I did spot a car with a personalised reg ending WEH at villa park - during a sunday match recently....

I haven't seen the PM - but David Thompson wouldn't be great for us.........I think he may be a more realistic buyer than some of the Americans mentioned - then again he could be the front man of a US based consortium....

Not sure quite what all the hostility towards TBAR is about?

We're all Villa fans at the end of the day. I personally find it amusing the way people like Woodhall, Pauliewalnuts etc are getting their nickers in a twist over the new board.

Lets face it-Unless the Admin guy was getting info directly from Lerner, it is not going to be 100% accurate. The fact he posted that Culverhouse was sacked when he was in fact suspended is an example BUT the story was near enough along those lines.

Now it is quite possible that an interested party are in quite an advanced stage regarding negotiations. It is also possible that another interested party has shown interest at the 11th hour, as people on this thread have mentioned. These negotiations have been going on for months. As they have developed, more & more people have become privy to the situation, this is perfectly normal. It is only at this point that people like Admin are receiving info.

I think the "Mr Sensibles" on here are really clutching at straws if they think all of this has been made up in order to boost membership to a message board. He's posted what he's been told & I for one am glad he has-I like to hear snippets about our club.

Lets cut out the I'm a better fan than you" & the "ours is a better board than yours" rubbish-There really is no need for it.

• Like 1

We're all Villa fans at the end of the day. I personally find it amusing the way people like Woodhall, Pauliewalnuts etc are getting their nickers in a twist over the new board.

Lets face it-Unless the Admin guy was getting info directly from Lerner, it is not going to be 100% accurate. The fact he posted that Culverhouse was sacked when he was in fact suspended is an example BUT the story was near enough along those lines.

Now it is quite possible that an interested party are in quite an advanced stage regarding negotiations. It is also possible that another interested party has shown interest at the 11th hour, as people on this thread have mentioned. These negotiations have been going on for months. As they have developed, more & more people have become privy to the situation, this is perfectly normal. It is only at this point that people like Admin are receiving info.

I think the "Mr Sensibles" on here are really clutching at straws if they think all of this has been made up in order to boost membership to a message board. He's posted what he's been told & I for one am glad he has-I like to hear snippets about our club.

Lets cut out the I'm a better fan than you" & the "ours is a better board than yours" rubbish-There really is no need for it.

No...

There is interest from a number of parties, the one being talked about now has been interested since day one and has not come in at the 11th hour.

If a 2nd party gets involved - then that puts the seller in a stronger position - could be that this has happened - so the original buys have backed off somewhat - Lets not forget Randy's takeover was dead in the water at one stage.

If a 2nd party gets involved - then that puts the seller in a stronger position - could be that this has happened - so the original buys have backed off somewhat - Lets not forget Randy's takeover was dead in the water at one stage.

I think it is quite likely we will see a bidding war tbh.

• Like 2

David Thompson  

Couldn't find anything on the web - but from memory.

He was a pretty rubbish coventry chairman - who has been looking to buy another club for ages   (or have I got the wrong totally) ......

Dodgyknees

With the greatest respect, you have no idea what has been happening from day 1-None of us have.

When I say "11th hour", this doesn't neccessarilly mean they have just come in at the 11th hour-It means the interest has intensified.

Regarding a bidding war-Hopefully this will put pay to any romantic notion that Randy will sell to the person best for AVFC-He will sell to the person who pays him the most cash,

Dodgyknees

With the greatest respect, you have no idea what has been happening from day 1-None of us have.

When I say "11th hour", this doesn't neccessarilly mean they have just come in at the 11th hour-It means the interest has intensified.

Regarding a bidding war-Hopefully this will put pay to any romantic notion that Randy will sell to the person best for AVFC-He will sell to the person who pays him the most cash,

But apparently they on the other forum know. :rolleyes:

I think it is quite likely we will see a bidding war tbh.

I don't think it will be 'I will give 250m'  'I will bid 275m'  'Do I hear £300m'

It will be the one Randy wants to deal with - or depending on how much he still loves us - the buyer he feels best to take us forward.

From memory, there are usually quite a few interested - but the buyer want to know where the money is coming from - this is where a lot fall away....