$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think there is a lot of wishful thinking going on regards Ellison, sounds like they are trying to convince themselves because he's worth $49 billion. 

Philip Anschutz sounds more logical though. My only worry would be his many other footballing commitments in the US so he would struggle to be fully committed to Villa time wise.  

Which would be such a change from now...

;)

Even though Ellison is worth more (48 million) to Anschutz (10 billion)

I would personally prefer Anschutz. He has more experience in setting up football clubs and has an interest in the sport. Ellison would be good if he hired the right people and had an open cheque book. However I don't see the point for him. Hes massively loaded. There really is no point to buy a football club for him. He doesn't need to make money.. it would be a hobby for someone as rich as him. He doesn't look football.

I think Anschutz would be perfect. I also wouldn't rule out Randy staying on but selling most of his ownership.

• Like 1

Dear new owner(s),

Please get rid of macron.

Thanks.

yeah get warrior in...

or get a deal like the baggies, stoke etc where we pay adidas to make our kits, but at least the fans get the 3 stripes on their arm rather than the macron men...

or give the shirt to whoever pays us the most, if macron are daft enough to give us £8m a year to make our shirts then so be it

8m in a year. £50 a shirt and it falls apart? Shirts are about the fans, bought by the fans. The club getting £8m a year is good but fans forking out £50 for a very badly made 'shirt' is wrong IMO.

Dear new owner(s),

Thanks.

yeah get warrior in...

or get a deal like the baggies, stoke etc where we pay adidas to make our kits, but at least the fans get the 3 stripes on their arm rather than the macron men...

or give the shirt to whoever pays us the most, if macron are daft enough to give us £8m a year to make our shirts then so be it

8m in a year. £50 a shirt and it falls apart? Shirts are about the fans, bought by the fans. The club getting £8m a year is good but fans forking out £50 for a very badly made 'shirt' is wrong IMO.

I've had all four kits, and none have fell apart. It's been said on here before, but you just need to wash them properly.

• Like 2

football sold its soul a long time a go, they dont give a shit about the fans, FFP rules means we have to maximise our revenue

the highest bidder will make our shirt, the highest bidder will sponsor our shirt, no fancy labels, no charity deals, we cant afford it anymore

UTD are meant to be in talks with nike over a £600m deal and a 3 tier system for the shirts, think the rip off england shirt but with a 3rd option that will basically be a glorified fruits of the loom tshirt with the crest, sponsor and nike swoosh ironed on for £40

its only going to get worse, especially if we want to compete with at least half the table financially, no change in owners, no matter how rich will change that

football sold its soul a long time a go, they dont give a shit about the fans, FFP rules means we have to maximise our revenue

the highest bidder will make our shirt, the highest bidder will sponsor our shirt, no fancy labels, no charity deals, we cant afford it anymore

UTD are meant to be in talks with nike over a £600m deal and a 3 tier system for the shirts, think the rip off england shirt but with a 3rd option that will basically be a glorified fruits of the loom tshirt with the crest, sponsor and nike swoosh ironed on for £40

its only going to get worse, especially if we want to compete with at least half the table financially, no change in owners, no matter how rich will change that

United already have shirts with ironed on nike and united badges. It's called the far-east market

• Like 2

Dear new owner(s),

Thanks.

yeah get warrior in...

I've had all four kits, and none have fell apart. It's been said on here before, but you just need to wash them properly.

small heath alliance fans have two problems with their kits.

1. They can't was them properly because they themselves are the great unwashed. :P

2. The shirts, just like their club they have been falling apart at the seems for centuries :D

No need to write "Utd" as "UTD".

The thing with FFP is you have to plan for it as if you won't be allowed to play in Europe and get points deductions in the league for breaking the rules currently but in a month that could all change depending on what happens with these 40 clubs under investigation.

Dear new owner,

If you could post a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper on which are written the words "Scuba Steve" I guarantee that we, the fanbase will be behind you forever.

Thank you.

Off topic but what is the scuba Steve stuff I must've missed that in off topic

Go over to the Hall of Fame and read the Honeytrap thread, it'll be worth you time :lol:

Oh my days.. Only the confessions thread beats that..who needs sleep had to keep reading

• Like 2

Looks like I might of been right regarding Micky Arison (Miami Heat owner) interest in a joint-takeover bid ;) Would love an owner who is actually bothered about his investment.

Edited by Avflife