$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

My guess is he has something lined up but it isn't anything to do with us.

Maybe... ;) You are probably right. But it is a great coincidence that Cortese resigns from Southampton in January and then rumours of Lerner selling up begin. Could Nicola be part of a consortium? :detect:  

Maybe... ;) You are probably right. But it is a great coincidence that Cortese resigns from Southampton in January and then rumours of Lerner selling up begin. Could Nicola be part of a consortium? :detect:  

Don't think so but he could be the new CEO after the takeover is done.

If you read one of his interviews he gave about leaving southampton - it had been on the cards [him leaving] for a while. I think the best that you can hope is that he is involved in the new set up in someway......

BTW - Faulkner has been oddly quiet in all this ........????

• Like 1

Don't think so but he could be the new CEO after the takeover is done.

If that did happen, it would automatically send out the message that we have owners who know what they are doing. A big "if" of course.

• Like 1

If you read one of his interviews he gave about leaving southampton - it had been on the cards [him leaving] for a while. I think the best that you can hope is that he is involved in the new set up in someway......

BTW - Faulkner has been oddly quiet in all this ........????

Faulkner hasn't even been mentioned by the club since the takeover talk came out. The only way we've heard about him is because of the press saying he was going with Lambert to New York, apart from that, AWOL.

• Like 1

Wonder what he has lined up. Chairman of SHA maybe?

He has his job in the FA now and Lerner will always have a place in his empire for him anyway.

He has his job in the FA now and Lerner will always have a place in his empire for him anyway.

Unfortunately I was talking about Cortese :(

I just had a heart-warming text from my friend in the media, who said "don't get too down about the news right now, you'll be smiling come July"

So, after my negative comment this morn', I am now lifted again.

:wub:

omgicantwait.gif

In July 2009, Cortese conducted the deal to buy Southampton, then in administration, for Markus Liebherr, a German-born, Swiss-based industrialist.[3] Following the completion of the purchase, Liebherr realised that his newly acquired business had no senior management structure, and invited Cortese to take the role of Executive Chairman, with the principal role of developing the long term strategy for the football club and the business.[4] Cortese was appointed a director of Southampton Football Club Limited on 1 August 2009.

When you take over a football club this is what you do Randy!

• Like 2

Unfortunately I was talking about Cortese :(

Ah!

I never really got the desire for the fabled "football man" myself. You can have a good understanding of football without having a footballing background.

• Like 1