$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The ultimate ass covering!!

Honest the info was reliable but was part of the Minister of Misinformation Misdirection!! Our own Lord Haw Haw or Comical Ali down VP these days? PF's no doubt on the blower to Howard Hodgson as we speak?

Would anyone be against Dr. Dre buying us?

I'd forgot about Dre?

Beat me!

I knew I would get a reply like this; I am all for speculation, but lets use some evidence around us! Yes, there will be a takeover;

Evidence: Lerner statement, wage bill cut, Lambert statements

And yes, Lambert is gone;

Evidence: no more contract talks which were discussed mid Feb!

It means that there wasn't a buyer, but now there is! I promise, if there is no takeover, I will pay 20 of the worthy British Queens towards VT.

All I'm saying is, lets keep it INFORMED speculation!

The evidence there is that Lerner is preparing for and wants a sale - which I think most of agree with.

The new contract for Lambert - which now appears off the agenda - could feasibly be down to results or even Lamberts comments that he needs better players - ie he isn't prepared to do the young and hungry thing anymore . I am not that confident he has a buyer, and Im even less confident of it being an AEG calibre type - it could be someone so low profile that they have slipped under the radar...

I still think Lerner is staying but Lambert isn't.

From TBAR

Hello all.

I’m sorry that there has been no news from me of late. The reason being is that the club are now "leaking" all manner of stories in order to muddy the waters. The club aren’t overly impressed that they’ve not been able to keep a lid on this particular bottle.

So, as they can't stop info coming out, they've decided to actively and cleverly feed their connections with bullshit stories. This directive has come from the top.

I've read that forums previously rubbishing our news story are suddenly awash with takeover talk. Andy Gray has come out with stories, Stan Collymore, TalkSport, MysteryMan in various forms (the version that is registered here is not the real MM), all manner of twitter and Facebook chat about auditors, Phil Anschutz and Ellison/Oracle....this is the club working overtime to spin misinformation.

Some of what you’ll read today is true, I'm sure. But with so many versions of stories, it's now going to be extremely hard to tell the truth from fiction. That's before you consider the people who just make things up without any reliable source.

The club has finally been clever about something. As such, I’m being as careful not to say anything until I know that it has at least a ring of truth to it. And I understand that this is frustrating for you all. 

As always, my ear is to the ground and I hope that TBAR members are the first to know the real story. I’m working hard for you all.

ADMIN.

Hmmm

Do tell...

From TBAR

Hello all.

I’m sorry that there has been no news from me of late. The reason being is that the club are now "leaking" all manner of stories in order to muddy the waters. The club aren’t overly impressed that they’ve not been able to keep a lid on this particular bottle.

So, as they can't stop info coming out, they've decided to actively and cleverly feed their connections with bullshit stories. This directive has come from the top.

I've read that forums previously rubbishing our news story are suddenly awash with takeover talk. Andy Gray has come out with stories, Stan Collymore, TalkSport, MysteryMan in various forms (the version that is registered here is not the real MM), all manner of twitter and Facebook chat about auditors, Phil Anschutz and Ellison/Oracle....this is the club working overtime to spin misinformation.

Some of what you’ll read today is true, I'm sure. But with so many versions of stories, it's now going to be extremely hard to tell the truth from fiction. That's before you consider the people who just make things up without any reliable source.

The club has finally been clever about something. As such, I’m being as careful not to say anything until I know that it has at least a ring of truth to it. And I understand that this is frustrating for you all. 

As always, my ear is to the ground and I hope that TBAR members are the first to know the real story. I’m working hard for you all.

ADMIN.

Hmmm

Do tell...

Spill Trent are you a pawn in the grand conspiracy??

This is getting silly now. It's a business takeover, not national security.

Or not - as seems increasingly likley.....

or if it is - its national security that most countries would aspire to.....

Edited by smetrov

This is getting silly now. It's a business takeover, not national security.

National Security is a matter of life and death!

As Shankly said football's more important!

From TBAR

Hello all.

ADMIN.

Hmmm

I'll name that tune in 1!

Who has the fake information and who has the real information?  :wacko:

Real = Lerner

Fake = Everyone else

I think Lerner has tricked everybody and released fake information about a takeover.  ;)

Who has the fake information and who has the real information?  :wacko:

Real = Lerner

Fake = Everyone else

I think Lerner has tricked everybody and released fake information about a takeover.  ;)

I think he released an ill informed statement, which he hoped would quell the rumours - its had the opposite effect. I won't say he has dug himself a hole - because he probably isn't that concerned about what people half way round the globe think.

Know one knows - but it seems the ground swell is against anything happening, Trent yesterday, TBAR admin today ,

So after all the so called spin, BS, ITK, "evidence", there is basically nothing to "prove" we are being taken over other than Lerner saying ambiguously that he will make a statement after the end of the season and PL being vague about his future in his last interview.

As Trent has said I also think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

So after all the so called spin, BS, ITK, "evidence", there is basically nothing to "prove" we are being taken over other than Lerner saying ambiguously that he will make a statement after the end of the season and PL being vague about his future in his last interview.

As Trent has said I also think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

I don't think so - I think people will come to the concusion before monday - by the time we get the statement, I don't think it will be that much of a surprise. - A new manager hunt will split any rebellion amongst the masses..