$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I reckon the statement will say something like that the club are in talks with several consortiums and talks are at a very early stage but that the club is planning for next season as normal and Lerner is fully committed should nothing come from the talks.

That sounds about right, to me.

There's fit and proper tests that new owners would have to do with the Premier League. Given the types that have been deemed fit and proper in the past it would be a penalty kick for some of the names rumoured but if it was being done over the past few weeks there's no way it would have been kept quiet. 

Reckon RL cannot categorically say 'here are Villa's new owners' on Monday. At best it will be the start of the process which will take a few months - same as when he bought the club.

I reckon the statement will say something like 'Gabby will be the next manager, and we will build a statue of JBowz outside the holte end.' we haven't got a clue, so why the uniformed speculation?

We can use evidence provided only, but God save us from 'I reckon'....

The Lerner takeover was different in that he was buying a Public Limited Company that had a duty to other shareholders, and not just Doug . Lerner's sale is purely down to him, and dealing with what Randy and the Purchaser/s wants from the sale. So if negotiations are well advanced I see no reason why it couldn't happen fairly quickly once all of the legalities have been agreed, and all of the i's dotted and t's crossed.

The Mansour takeover of Man City was out of the blue, and happened with no hints as far as I remember, so it is possible for takeovers to happen with little news hitting the news outlets.

However, I am starting to think the same as Useless says above, that we will see a statement about being in negotiations and we will continue as normal. Hopefully we are wrong though, as it would be nice to move on quickly and get started on the squad rebuilding.

• Like 1

I reckon the statement will say something like 'Gabby will be the next manager, and we will build a statue of JBowz outside the holte end.' we haven't got a clue, so why the uniformed speculation?

We can use evidence provided only, but God save us from 'I reckon'....

Might as well shut down VT then, forget predictions, opinions and speculation and just nod or tut when anything happens.

• Like 3

I knew I would get a reply like this; I am all for speculation, but lets use some evidence around us! Yes, there will be a takeover;

Evidence: Lerner statement, wage bill cut, Lambert statements

And yes, Lambert is gone;

Evidence: no more contract talks which were discussed mid Feb!

It means that there wasn't a buyer, but now there is! I promise, if there is no takeover, I will pay 20 of the worthy British Queens towards VT.

All I'm saying is, lets keep it INFORMED speculation!

As much as it looks like something definitive is happening I am struggling to see Randy breaking the habit of a lifetime by releasing a statement that isn't vague, contradictory and that leaves more questions than answers.

• Like 1

I knew I would get a reply like this; I am all for speculation, but lets use some evidence around us! Yes, there will be a takeover;

It means that there wasn't a buyer, but now there is! I promise, if there is no takeover, I will pay 20 of the worthy British Queens towards VT.

What a load of bollocks.

Always show your working out. I think you mean:

It's always nice to hear a sound argument.

EVIDENCE: Paddywhack saying 'What a load of bollocks'

DISCLAIMER: Sarcasm used.

..... ;)

• Like 1

What a load of bollocks.

Nick Nack, give a dog a bone.

• Like 1

From TBAR

Hello all.

I’m sorry that there has been no news from me of late. The reason being is that the club are now "leaking" all manner of stories in order to muddy the waters. The club aren’t overly impressed that they’ve not been able to keep a lid on this particular bottle.

So, as they can't stop info coming out, they've decided to actively and cleverly feed their connections with bullshit stories. This directive has come from the top.

I've read that forums previously rubbishing our news story are suddenly awash with takeover talk. Andy Gray has come out with stories, Stan Collymore, TalkSport, MysteryMan in various forms (the version that is registered here is not the real MM), all manner of twitter and Facebook chat about auditors, Phil Anschutz and Ellison/Oracle....this is the club working overtime to spin misinformation.

Some of what you’ll read today is true, I'm sure. But with so many versions of stories, it's now going to be extremely hard to tell the truth from fiction. That's before you consider the people who just make things up without any reliable source.

The club has finally been clever about something. As such, I’m being as careful not to say anything until I know that it has at least a ring of truth to it. And I understand that this is frustrating for you all. 

As always, my ear is to the ground and I hope that TBAR members are the first to know the real story. I’m working hard for you all.

ADMIN.

What's the timescale on this?

From TBAR

..... That's before you consider the people who just make things up without any reliable source.

.... Takes one to know one.

• Like 1

From TBAR

Hello all.

I’m sorry that there has been no news from me of late. The reason being is that the club are now "leaking" all manner of stories in order to muddy the waters. The club aren’t overly impressed that they’ve not been able to keep a lid on this particular bottle.

So, as they can't stop info coming out, they've decided to actively and cleverly feed their connections with bullshit stories. This directive has come from the top.

I've read that forums previously rubbishing our news story are suddenly awash with takeover talk. Andy Gray has come out with stories, Stan Collymore, TalkSport, MysteryMan in various forms (the version that is registered here is not the real MM), all manner of twitter and Facebook chat about auditors, Phil Anschutz and Ellison/Oracle....this is the club working overtime to spin misinformation.

Some of what you’ll read today is true, I'm sure. But with so many versions of stories, it's now going to be extremely hard to tell the truth from fiction. That's before you consider the people who just make things up without any reliable source.

The club has finally been clever about something. As such, I’m being as careful not to say anything until I know that it has at least a ring of truth to it. And I understand that this is frustrating for you all. 

As always, my ear is to the ground and I hope that TBAR members are the first to know the real story. I’m working hard for you all.

ADMIN.

Hmmm