$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Is there anymore on Harris?

Seems strange for just one article to appear then suddenly nothing... normally after the release of original article there would be follow up stories with more information or denying the story

• Like 1

Is there anymore on Harris?

Seems strange for just one article to appear then suddenly nothing... normally after the release of original article there would be follow up stories with more information or denying the story

The jury is still considering the verdict, but my thought is he won't be painting the Queen's picture anytime soon

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

What other prem clubs are for sale

Everton is the only one i can think of

Newcastle. I think we are a better buy than both of those clubs.

Newcastle aren't up for sale are they?

I think Ashley is willing to sell at the right price (for himself), but Ashley wants quite a bit for them which is probably ruling out many potential buyers.

so pretty much like Lerner so.

What other prem clubs are for sale

Everton is the only one i can think of

Newcastle. I think we are a better buy than both of those clubs.

Newcastle aren't up for sale are they?

I think Ashley is willing to sell at the right price (for himself), but Ashley wants quite a bit for them which is probably ruling out many potential buyers.

so pretty much like Lerner so.

I think Lerner would be willing to drop his asking price (which has been reported in the press) to agree a takeover, I cannot see Ashley doing the same with Newcastle. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Everyone drops their asking price if they're serious about selling. Ashley hasn't become one of the richest people in the country by being a moron, no matter what Newcastle fans think. The problem is much more likely to be that there's simply no-one who wants to buy the club. 

Ashley has probably out priced or scared off any willing bidder. Newcastle is a good marketing vehicle for Sports Direct and they are profitable too, whereas we are a burden to Randy with very little in return. Randy is desperate enough to drop the price IMO.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Shummite? Not sure what you mean there. Hope it's not a race thing (perhaps i'm being stupid cause i've never heard that before)

That was something from Lerner's end of season statement about looking to sell the club.I think it is some biblical reference.

Back on topic. DO not post about Lerner except in context of selling the club. There are other threads where you can debate his running of the club.

• Like 1