$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm far from convinced there ever was one to be honest despite the countless claims by various people.

There may well have been interested parties but that is a very long way from a deal or a deal falling through.

As I've said since Randy's first statement and his second a lot of people are likely to be disappointed this summer, I fully expect us to start the season under Lerner and suspect we will probably be under his ownership the remainder of the year at least.

• Like 1

I'm far from convinced there ever was one to be honest despite the countless claims by various people.

There may well have been interested parties but that is a very long way from a deal or a deal falling through.

As I've said since Randy's first statement and his second a lot of people are likely to be disappointed this summer, I fully expect us to start the season under Lerner and suspect we will probably be under his ownership the remainder of the year at least.

I appreciate the fact that he wants to sell, but surely he has to give us some money to spend if it looks unlikely that he can't sell? 

It's within his best interests to improve the squad to keep it in the Premier League. In your opinion, do you think we will be spending any cash? 

Well BoA are still welcoming bids and sending out sales prospectus' so I doubt anything is close with anyone.

BoA will send out the prospectus and accept bids right up until the day any deal is signed.

They wouldn't be much of a business if they did otherwise as they'd look pretty amateurish if a deal fell through and they had stopped long before...

• Like 1

Well BoA are still welcoming bids and sending out sales prospectus' so I doubt anything is close with anyone.

BoA will send out the prospectus and accept bids right up until the day any deal is signed.

They wouldn't be much of a business if they did otherwise as they'd look pretty amateurish if a deal fell through and they had stopped long before...

I agree.  My point was that nothing is close.  If any party was in advanced negotiations I.e. due dilligence almost done, proof of funds, money being transferred or in escrow etc then BoA would not be inviting further bids, that would be a stipulation of any potential bidder.  Similar to when you buy a house and take it off the market.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

What I remember from last time with Lerner was us we were a Plc and the club had an obligation to the stock market and shareholders to be kept informed of major developments. Now we are a privately owned entity with one owner only Lerner will know what's happening. Very frustrating for us!

• Like 2

I don't need to see the message I'm just over the moon that there is a message. My gut feeling based on nothing is that there could be something in the Saudi links perhaps not Baltan but someone else.

• Like 1

Mmmmmmm this sounds interesting - can I ask - good or bad .... or even possibly indifferent?

Just some interesting sleuthing about Al Baltan (I think) :detect: . Hopefully good news.

Let's hear it then....

• Like 1