$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Well according to talkSPORT Birmingham are announcing something ownership related today and their shares have been suspended on the HKSE. This place will be fun if the Blues are bought out by someone with shitloads of money.

If it's talk sport it'll be hard to believe.

Well according to talkSPORT Birmingham are announcing something ownership related today and their shares have been suspended on the HKSE. This place will be fun if the Blues are bought out by someone with shitloads of money.

I know im supposed to care, being a lifelong Villa fan. But since i live in Sweden i just can't be bothered by Birmingham City, they mean nothing to me.

They may be our local rivals, but they really can't rival us.

Them getting a new rich owner would be bad of course, but as long as we do our things right we will be fine.

Us doing the right thing is what im worried about...

If it's talk sport it'll be hard to believe.

Unfortunately not, that's the way the stock exchange works, you can't just ignore speculation, if someone is rumoured to be buying the club you have to declare if it's true or not, they have suspended their shares so it looks like they have a buyer

Would be so much easier here if we were in the same situation

As for them having a mega rich buyer, money can't buy you taste ;) but seriously if he's that rich he wouldn't be buying them

Can guys like that AVFC transfer tweeter be reported and banned from twitter? Or is that an over reaction?

No, and there are thousands of accounts like him, wait the barrage of retweets when one of the hundreds of things he's guessed at turns out to be right

Can guys like that AVFC transfer tweeter be reported and banned from twitter? Or is that an over reaction?

Just ignore them.

I can ignore them but younger fans may really get their hopes up. They may even go and spend all their pocket money on a shirt with Rich on the back. (Luckily they didn't have my size).

Seriously though the blatant attention seeking lies on social media are getting very tedious now.

• Like 1

The guys a tool, best to ignore him for now and then batter him with tweets when his lack of credibility is exposed.

• Like 1

The guys a tool, best to ignore him for now and then batter him with tweets when his lack of credibility is exposed.

Well this is the IP address of guy who edited bob rich wiki page 176.250.219.42 , not sure if mods on here can check that to see if it's same as any member that posts , at least we could out one bs if they could

• Like 1

"Would be nice if the club came out and said what stage we are in in the selling process." I guess if they did they would just say that the club remains for sale to someone who ticks the right boxes the first of which would be to have a wad of cash (£200m +) burning a hole in their pocket tomaspg. 

I think any sale information will be released on a need to know basis and that Randy considers as fans we do not need to know.

I would guess any potential bidder would want to remain unknown at an early stage and that should their identity become known that may put any bid going through at risk. 

Just musing.......

If you were Randy Lerner why would you say nothing about the status of the sale ?

1. You really feel it is not the fans business and you dont even consider they should be kept informed.

2. You do feel they should be kept informed.

I personally think (1) is unlikely, so plump for (2).

If it is (2) why have we heard nothing..?

1. Nothing is happening and he doesn't think it would help us to be told nothing is happening

2. Something is happening but he does not consider it substantial enough to report, or the reporting of it may itself be damaging, or he is required not to report it - by other parties, or rules.....#

Now I have a fault of trying to be too positive, but I do feel that (1) is less likely.  After all, if you are the Club and there is nothing happening, isn't it obvious it would help keep people onside if you told them so.....yes they may be down about it but the more you told them of the efforts and the plans the better ?  I accept the possibility that people just don';t think that way but I think they would.

So, from a backwards sort of logic, the only time we would hear nothing at all, is when there was something !!

Just musing.......

If you were Randy Lerner why would you say nothing about the status of the sale ?

1. You really feel it is not the fans business and you dont even consider they should be kept informed.

2. You do feel they should be kept informed.

I personally think (1) is unlikely, so plump for (2).

If it is (2) why have we heard nothing..?

1. Nothing is happening and he doesn't think it would help us to be told nothing is happening

2. Something is happening but he does not consider it substantial enough to report, or the reporting of it may itself be damaging, or he is required not to report it - by other parties, or rules.....#

Now I have a fault of trying to be too positive, but I do feel that (1) is less likely.  After all, if you are the Club and there is nothing happening, isn't it obvious it would help keep people onside if you told them so.....yes they may be down about it but the more you told them of the efforts and the plans the better ?  I accept the possibility that people just don';t think that way but I think they would.

So, from a backwards sort of logic, the only time we would hear nothing at all, is when there was something !!

I don't think any owner of PL club considers that fans should know anything what goes on outside of the pitch, and any serious buyer would want to keep their name and negotiations secret till the deal is done to keep others coming in and outbidding them. Also any businessman wants to keep failed negotiations secret also due imagine and publicity reasons.

I think that buyer agreed Lerner to write the statement to be goodbye-letter and to keep it as vague as possible not to give anything away, as the way it was written.

Can someone make up some rumours please? Bit quiet in here.. Would be nice if the club came out and said what stage we are in in the selling process.

Not a rumour though. But as I said here before, Khalid Al-Baltan (Al-Shabab FC former president) is interested in buying Aston Villa, He might be negotiating too. But I'm not sure how far he have gone with that.

The rumour about that was right, He is interested.

• Like 2