$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Apparently we started looking for a buyer last summer (that is when the first steps were taken/Randy realised he wanted to go asap), probably explains a lack of transfer funds and wages.

This isn't from an online source fwiw. And its pretty much what most thought.

• Like 1

Lambert in his interview on the BBC the other day. 

Did he say how much exactly? You can't go making assumptions based on something as vague as that. I don't think anyone believes that there'll be loads to spend but saying that we won't buy anyone or will only get 1 or 2 players in seems a bit like an overreaction.

Lambert in his interview on the BBC the other day. 

Did he say how much exactly? You can't go making assumptions based on something as vague as that. I don't think anyone believes that there'll be loads to spend but saying that we won't buy anyone or will only get 1 or 2 players in seems a bit like an overreaction.

The figure I saw - though I have to admit I can't remember where - was £15 million. I'm sure that was educated guesswork, but it fits with about what you would expect. 

• Like 1

Lambert says less. According to VT members Cowans said it will be less than last year.

Lambert has also said he wants to get in some experience/quality.

If you have less money and you are shopping more upmarket than I think less players seems a fair guess.

• Like 3

Lambert says less. According to VT members Cowans said it will be less than last year.

If you have less money and you are shopping more upmarket than I think less players seems a fair guess.

Yes but that doesn't mean the squad will look virtually the same next season.

Mantis have you considered that it could look worse? It's very possible considering the situation with contracts.

Mantis have you considered that it could look worse? It's very possible considering the situation with contracts.

Nope, not at all. I haven't once considered that.

:rolleyes:

Touché! ;)

Anyone want to place a bet on us staying up next season? I'm willing to put up a £1000 to a charity of anybody's choice who is willing to bet we won't get relegated, This way at least some one will benefit from our clubs decline.

If you are serious, I will place a bet on us staying up next season. I won't match your £1,000, but I will go £250 if you wish to accept? Charity of choice is Acorns, or NSPCC. PM me for an online handshake, and I'll stand by my word.

I spoke to someone today who i know for a fact is connected with the financial sector of the club and is someone i do not think would be on the wind up. He claimed that the original buyer fell through for reasons he wasn't sure about however said that since then there have been 2 more interested parties of which only one has been taken further. He said that it is still very early. But thinks that a deal will be announced during the start of the world cup. Might be complete bs but i thought i would pass it on. UTV

• Like 1

I spoke to someone today who i know for a fact is connected with the financial sector of the club and is someone i do not think would be on the wind up. He claimed that the original buyer fell through for reasons he wasn't sure about however said that since then there have been 2 more interested parties of which only one has been taken further. He said that it is still very early. But thinks that a deal will be announced during the start of the world cup. Might be complete bs but i thought i would pass it on. UTV

Thanks. Would be nice to enjoy the World Cup and see players we may be able to sign.

Is it really bad that whenever I come on the internet, I come to this topic  rather then checking the internet in general for news on the potential takeover?

Also is it just me that gets excited when I see the number of pages in this topic has gone up loads in a short space of time, only to come crashing back down to earth when I see no news, just same old.

VT you gotta love it.

Edited by Voinjama

Is it really bad that whenever I come on the internet, I come to this topic  rather then checking the internet in general for news on the potential takeover?

Also is it just me that gets excited when I see the number of pages in this topic has gone up loads in a short space of time, only to come crashing back down to earth when I see no news, just same old.

VT you gotta love it.

You think that's bad. I put a parental lock on the site and gave the password to my missus.

That's pretty much what I thought for the time table, start of the world cup is 5 weeks after Lerner's statement.

Love your optimism :)

Don't know how he knows or if true if it's relevant but one of the Moderators on Hereos and VIllains has stated that the Plane belonging to the Law firm that's been parked at Birmingham Airport, departed this morning.

Edited by useless

Don't know how he knows or if true if it's relevant but one of the Moderators on Hereos and VIllains has stated that the Plane belonging to the Law firm that's been parked at Birmingham Airport, departed this morning.

Have you not read part of this thread? That was talked about on here earlier this week, although we never found out when the plane was due to leave.

Edit: Oops....I reread what you had said....You were just telling us it had left this morning.

I must stop reading things on the internet after I've had a nap.

Edited by Cracker1234

Have you not read part of this thread? That was talked about on here earlier this week, although we never found out when the plane was due to leave.

I'd read about Bob RIch and the Law Firms planes' being at Birmingham Airport. I think Rich's was meant to have left a few days after landing. I hadn't heard anything about the Law Firm's plane leaving that is until just when I read on H&V's that it left this morning. Just thought it might relevant as some people expected that it might have something to do with 'due dilligence' but maybe not.