$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think everyone is a bit of doom and gloom because everyone thought a deal was imminent due to lies and fake ITKs on TBAR.

Still have a sneaky feeling something will be done. Well I hope so anyway for the sake of my health browsing through each page and checking the thread every 10 minutes hoping for news

I think there are a few ITK's, Trent, Richard, maybe NV, Kwan (on this) and Mantis (Professor-X.gif) but other than that I don't listen to anybody. Oh and I love reading what Mr Trees has to say too. Smetrov talks sense... I don't really see why other forums should be trusted over this one tbh.

Omariqy is another who knows more than 'TBAR' too.

Edited by dodgyknees

I think everyone is a bit of doom and gloom because everyone thought a deal was imminent due to lies and fake ITKs on TBAR.

Still have a sneaky feeling something will be done. Well I hope so anyway for the sake of my health browsing through each page and checking the thread every 10 minutes hoping for news

I think there are a few ITK's, Trent, Richard, maybe NV, Kwan (on this) and Mantis (Professor-X.gif) but other than that I don't listen to anybody. Oh and I love reading what Mr Trees has to say too. Smetrov talks sense... I don't really see why other forums should be trusted over this one tbh.

The thing with VT is that people seem to have all sorts of weird connections, for example Trees as you mention - incredible that we have somebody with some insight on the forum. The other day I was told how Albrighton hadn't been offered any deal by us and that he'd be signing for Leicester any day now because they've offered him promises as well as a shed load of cash. Low and behold, it turned out exactly that way (although I know it was mentioned in the press that they were interested). Now I didn't hear that because I have some insider at Villa and I'm not 'ITK' in terms of Villa at all, I heard that because I know people who work for/are linked to Leicester, but it just so happened to be relevant to us.

There seems to be a lot of that stuff on here, not necessarily people having insiders at the club but somehow knowing or being connected via an outside source, which is why it is a great deal more credible than the made up shite you see elsewhere with people making up stories of inside links.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Wait, what? I've never been ITK about anything Villa-related.

I will be betting on it if there is no takeover before the window closes yes. A few thousand pounds no. That would create a conflict of interests in my head.

But if it's a certainty then there is no conflict of interest because you already know what's going to happen.

Ok I'll rephrase. In my opinion if there is no takeover I think we will get relegated next season.

I will be betting on it if there is no takeover before the window closes yes. A few thousand pounds no. That would create a conflict of interests in my head.

But if it's a certainty then there is no conflict of interest because you already know what's going to happen.

Ok I'll rephrase. In my opinion if there is no takeover I think we will get relegated next season.

We won't.

Keep the faith, the wind will change.

We won't.

Keep the faith, the wind will change.

Bloody hope so that curry ain't half repeating on me!!!

Even if there is no takeover?

It depends on how the summer goes. It's certainly not as simple as takeover = we stay up, no take over = we go down.

True. There could be a takeover and we still go down like Fulham did.

It depends on how the summer goes. It's certainly not as simple as takeover = we stay up, no take over = we go down.

And there could be no takeover yet we could still stay up and do ok.

That's the thought I'm struggling with as you probably noticed ;)

That's the thought I'm struggling with as you probably noticed ;)

So you won't even consider it as a possibility?

But it's certain, so what other interest do you have?

But it's certain, so what other interest do you have?

I rephrased the certainty part earlier in the thread. Obviously us going down is not a certainty and I was being dramatic. It's a shame I even have to explain that.

• Like 1

Only thing I'm holding on to is that in the past randy has run villa with very little leaks to the media on many things.

I think that a man with as many business links as he has will sell the club. Ideally all the I's dotted and T's crossed by early July.

• Like 1

It's quite unlikely though, IMO. We're likely to have a very weak team to start the season, and our best player by far misses most of the first half of the season and might not come back as good again. I expect us to be at or near the bottom of the table when Benteke does come back, and then it's a long hard battle to safety.