$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Really looking forward to some official news, imagine what it could be, I've got a great feeling.

Really?

May as well have big dreams.

I'm still just happy that Randy decided to sell we might be in limbo for a little while but it could have been an whole lot worse.

The list of bad Arab owners is longer than the list of good ones, from Malaga to Notts County to Portsmouth. Where an owner comes from is no garentee of anything.

Agreed. It really boils down to the person itself.

The Malaga one was always going to fail. The La Liga income isn't good instead of top teams. I remember one year Real and Barca were about 140m , While Valencia and Atletico about 40 ! Were West Ham who were the bottom of the league in the premier league were more than 40m.

Teams in Spain sometimes fail to even pay 2m for a player ! In our worst cases we've paid about 15m with wages not far from top 10 teams in Spain while we're reducing wage bill !

The attraction of the Premier League is much more than La Liga (apart from 2-3 teams). So Malaga owners played it wrong by buying a team in Spain not in England !

I don't remember Portsmoth model very well but it was very bad. Don't know about Notts County aswell.

Wasn't the Notts County owner a fraudster from Jersey?

Yes, British businessman Russell King. He disappeared when no money was forthcoming to strengthen the squad.

BBC Panorama tracked him down to a hotel in Dubai where he rarely leaves the building. He refused to talk to them when they confronted him. You can see this on YouTube.

• Like 1

Wasn't the Notts County owner a fraudster from Jersey?

Yes, British businessman Russell King. He disappeared when no money was forthcoming to strengthen the squad.

BBC Panorama tracked him down to a hotel in Dubai where he rarely leaves the building. He refused to talk to them when they confronted him. You can see this on YouTube.

That's him. He was a physical mess too.

BTW, he's in Bahrain not Dubai.

• Like 1

Awfully quiet on the takeover.  

Odd isn't it, given people were banging on for ages how we were sold... its almost like they were making it up and there wasn't a buyer in place at the time of Randy's statement.

I fully expect Lerner to still be around come the start of the season.

Odd isn't it, given people were banging on for ages how we were sold... its almost like they were making it up and there wasn't a buyer in place at the time of Randy's statement.

How depressing.  Let's hope we get a new owner before the Jan transfer window if that is the case!

Bloody hell Trent - you really are depressing, usually because you are right.

I personally think there's a firm offer on the table, but its not the best (either not matching the £200m value, or from people Randy doesn't think would be good for us) so he's out the feelers out for someone new and if no one comes forward then he'll sell to them. That's just my feeling, I expect us to be sold before the season starts but I wouldn't hold my hopes on some multi billionaire coming in and making us the next Man City

Didnt someone post on here that randy has been offered £180 but is holding out for more?