$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

MMM, seems PL may have slipped up in that interview, when asked about buying players he said it would not be like last year, he then said the new people understand the situation, he then sounded shifty and turned the conversation to hide what he said. Have a listen and see if you read it like I do.

Interesting. He does say the new people understand the situation. What new people? New owners Paul!

I just can't hear it. I hear talk of getting transfers in being tough and how the new people (transfers in) will understand the situation. After that he says it would be different if there was something imminent.

I admire the optimism, mind. I hope you're right!

'The new people understand the situation, wooo we saw people, that, like I said there's nothing there, there's not imminent there'

He says 'the' new people and then we saw people.   

'The new people understand the situation, wooo we saw people, that, like I said there's nothing there, there's not imminent there'

He says 'the' new people and then we saw people.   

Very interdasting....maybe he was meeting the new owners after all eh, eh?

I think it's funny how he says it and then roughly a second or two after he said it, he starts the sentence again. That's not a particularly normal way to correct yourself. It's almost like he's got a speech in his head and as he goes through it he doesn't acknowledge the fault until he's processed it himself.

Not that I think this is too strange, it could be the way he handles speaking in front of the media.

But people have noticed lately he's been "down" sounding, this may be because he's being told what to say for the cameras/microphones.

I thought he said "but now people understand the situation"

Edit:

Nope you're right, he does say the new people understand the situation, doesn't he?

Edited by samjp26

When the journalist asks 'can you confirm lerner said to you that a sale is not imminent' (not exactly that wording but something like that), Lambert clearly dodges the question, he goes off topic and starts talking about other things, doesn't give a 'yes' or a 'no' at any point in his answer

• Like 1

It's definitely "new people understand the situation"

He also quickly tried to change it himself.

Followed by, "we saw people that.."

I wonder if he means players that they've looked at, or if he means "we" as in me and Faulkner on our trip to New York saw these new guys that understand the situation.

Edited by samjp26

If it is a slip, I love the idea that it was on purpose. Like a big FU to Randy for not giving him any money.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Sam3773

"The new people understand the situtation..."

I don't understand what that could even mean in the context of what's being asked!?

You won't enough money from Randy Lerner to get the better players the club needs...

The new people understand the situation, that more money is needed,