$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Why does everyone assume this will be good?

For every decent owner you have Vincent Tan, Venkeys, Fulham lot.

I would hate the Fulham type owners, basically do what the fans want and it never bloody works!

Because in spite of how shite everything has been. The one thing most of us have faith in Randy to do is pass on on to a good "custodian".

The Browns' new owner is being investigated by the FBI.

We have been points away from relegation and on a gradual slide down the pecking order for 4 yrs. Whoever comes in will at least know that have to improve on that!

Why does everyone assume this will be good?

For every decent owner you have Vincent Tan, Venkeys, Fulham lot.

I would hate the Fulham type owners, basically do what the fans want and it never bloody works!

Because in spite of how shite everything has been. The one thing most of us have faith in Randy to do is pass on on to a good "custodian".

The Browns' new owner is being investigated by the FBI.

All americans are these days.  NSA

• Like 3

I think the point is that currently there's no hope for anything other than surviving every year and the current owner, as long as he remains in place, will stick to that strategy. At least a new owner whether they turn out to be good, bad or indifferent will give the fans some hope that things might improve.

Edited by villa89

I hope nothing happens, for the lulz.

I don't know which will be the bigger 'meltdown', a takeover or nothing doing?

Takeover would be a bigger meltdown for sure, but there is gonna be a meltdown here either way imo. Kinda looking forward to it as you see some pretty absurd reactions from some :D

• Like 1

Was Collymore's claim that Ellison was at VP last weekend just bait for people to call his show? Or was it legit? I think it's probably bullshit, and Stanley needs to be careful he doesn't slide into Julie B territory

• Like 2

Was Collymore's claim that Ellison was at VP last weekend just bait for people to call his show? Or was it legit? I think it's probably bullshit, and Stanley needs to be careful he doesn't slide into Julie B territory

Pretty sure it was. There were a few people that said he was there, but no one has a picture to prove it.

Maybe it's Ellison and Anschutz as a tag team. The Telegraph article did say that there were two billionaires.

Ellison and Anschutz sandwich with Lerner as the meat in the middle.  :)

• Like 1

I know it's collymore but just passing on what he just said on talk sport, his 'sources' at the club think nothing's happening other than Lerner saying the clubs up for sale.....