Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Yep. Thats pretty much how I feel about it all as well. 

I'm just pleased they toned it down from what they could have done..... Jeyne Pool gets it from the dogs in the books

I'm struggling with why they felt that it was a necessary to go there having built up Sansa in recent weeks - I get we need to snap Theon out of his stupor but......ugh.

Edited by Eames

oooo, i wonder what happens to make that ugh comment.

i guess i'll find out tonight!

not opening any spoiler boxes...

my guess is that someone dies  :P

Edited by ender4

Apart from littlefinger, not a clue what he's up to, this week -

was the end that controversial? When I realised what was about to happen I was expecting it to be more graphic and violent, an off the screen rape whilst theon cried? Wasn't particularly mind blown by it, not a patch on this is England, that was superbly horrible to watch tv

Think people will point to this episode as the moment this season got going, not for me

So six episodes into the season and absolutely nothing has happened. If this was a Netflix show it'd be fine as it's a perfect binge watch of 10 episodes in weekend. But this medium of week to week is just well past its sell by date. 

The horse has bolted with GoT, it's too successful to change the format now, and if they did say the next series will be exclusive to HBOgo it would be interestingly to see what they did with it and how much sky offered them to change their mind

The way each country's tv is set up is different too, whereas HBO works in the states because they have so much content if they tried to set up over here they'd struggle, they don't have the films to prop them up, sky has the monopoly there, similar if you have both UK and US netflix, the amount of extra content they get is crazy, but they aren't competing with sky over there

With the quality and depth of the source material I dont know why the seasons arnt longer. Even 15 episodes per season would help flesh it out, maybe didnt matter as much in the first few seasons but certainly now. We have had to spend six episodes building up the characters but that leaves only 4 left and unless they are jammed with interest and action it will be very disappointing.

Having not read the books myself I am told that this season is a reflection of the book in that the book(s) it is following are fairly boring drawn out affairs. 

The show is vast and cost would certainly be an issue with longer series but the show will lose its future "one of the best shows ever" title if it continues on the route of certainly this season if not last as well. 

I also think without the aid of the book readers and reviews I would not get alot about the intentions and little idiosyncracies of the characters from just watching it. 

Cost at a guess, it's £90m per series, plus then probably a bit of research, most series seem to be about 10 - 12 episodes now

As I seem to say to the missus every week now, they simply don't have time to introduce new / more characters that won't offer much in the way of story, jaime and bron in dorne being the easiest example, I don't think the source material is that good for this series, too many new characters, too many boring story lines, is anyone missing bran? Thought not...they'll do something massive that's not in the books at the end of this series if I was guessing, think it will end -

Spoiler is a bit of books, bit of me guessing what will happen

episode 9 will be the fighting pits with then drogon showing up, jon snow getting attacked as the end of season cliffhanger, the big shock will be either who jon snow is being revealed before the end or stannis attacking winter fell and Sansa / theon killing Ramsey in a brilliant way

Â