Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

They've just lost 3-0 to Liverpool and City at home. This could suit us as Moyes will get them to push up against us which we can then hurt them on the counter. Feeling strangely optimistic... 3-1 villa. Delph Benteke and Vlaar for us, Welbeck for them.

Edited by ismail-villa

@OptaJoe: 3 - Manchester United have conceded 2+ goals in three successive home league games for the first time since Feb 1979. Breached.

I think we're unlikely to extend this to 3 matches

Our attack is perfectly suited to a shaken home team desperately pushing for a win. Questions are can the defense contain them and can we get our heads back up after the garbage on Saturday? 4-4 or something similarly silly.

Impossible to call this. There's no telling which Villa team will show up, or which United team. Maybe neither of us will show up!

When they came to our place a few months back they were on

their worst run for decades.

I think we all remember how that ended.

• Like 1

We shall win. Moyes can't look in the mirror at the minute, and will go all attacking to try and get himself more manure time. This will suit us perfectly, and we will score 2 or 3 on the counter. Hell yeah!

So 6th home defeat of the season which is now their worst home season since 1976 or something ridiculous.

Yet you know we will go there and be rolled over 3-0 or something like that, hopefully at least the game won't be over by half time this years.

But why? Why is it we lose season in season out there while we go three seasons unbeaten at Anfield, we regularly win at the Emirates and aside from the 8-0 we usually give Chelsea a proper good game at Stamford Bridge.

It has to be psychological doesn't it? They have a hold over us at Villa Park and just generally. Why is it that playing Valencia and Rafael on the right is much harder for our defence to cope with than a Hazard or Coutinho? Those two ripped us to shreds at Villa Park.

Cleverley waltzed through our middle for the third, not Yaya Toure, not Gerrard or even Ramsey, Tom fecking Cleverley.

It's bizarre to me how apart from a brief spike under MON when we went a couple unbeaten against them (still losing the cup final) we just seem to roll over so easily against them such as this season. Yet we've beaten Arsenal, Chelsea and Man. City this season and should've beaten Liverpool. Does anyone really see us going to Old Trafford and playing like we did at Anfield?

Another theory is as we saw on Sunday we still struggle a bit against the high diagonal long ball, a couple of RVP's hattrick came from long high balls so I don't think Moyes tactics of endlessly using the flanks and getting crosses in is good news for us.

I can cope with losing but it needs to be a respectable 2-1 battling loss, not a 3 nil down at half time with barely a shot on target that we seem to get against them.

This is their worst team for about 30 years after all.

• Like 1

Surely the final straw for Moyes if they lose to the perennial whipping boys.

I expect a flat atmosphere with undertones of mutiny after losing to Citeh last night. As others have said they should be on the attack which might suit us.

3-0 Cleverley hat-trick.

If they lose to us he has to get the sack

But they wont,  the worst manure team in 30 years and everyone is giving them a game but you just know they'll hammer us

We know it and crucially the players deep down know it.

I have no issues with us losing but it needs to be a respectable battling 2-1 loss, not 3 nil again when we're 2 down in 2 minutes and barely cross our half.

We are better than that, we've shown it against Liverpool, Arsenal, Man. City and Chelsea this season after all, last time I looked they all have better players and teams than Man. United.

Unfortunately if kea & weiman are out we're in even danger of getting whooped. This is the season to beat them

Same starting 11 as stoke, if kea & weiman out we should start with

Guzan

Lowton vlaar baker Bertrand

Westwood delph

Albrighton Bacuna gabby

Benteke

Edited by dakid007

At Villa Park Rafael and Valencia ripped Luna to shreds so hopefully Bertrand will be better.

i'd be tempted to bring Lowton back and move Bacuna into midfield as they will obviously attack down the flanks so we really don't need our fullbacks to be regularly 2 v 1.

Why are we on TV for the 4th week in a row? 

I can imagine every other football fan in the country saying the same thing!

The games haven't been that bad, 5 goals in the Norwich and Stoke games and a stirring win v Chelsea which interested the neutral.

The Cardiff and newcastle away games were poorer picks.

They're as slow as anything, and we're one of the more pacey teams in the league, really that should be playing right into our hands and we can get behind them on the counter attack and hurt them. This is a game for Gabby to put a shift in, like at Anfield.

However, it doesn't matter what form United are in, we'll bend over backwards to make sure that they win. We played them when they were in terrible form at VP and lost 0-3, and no doubt they'll get their annual double over us again. The thing is, we're owed a performance after the circus that was the Stoke game, and hopefully the players are up for another 'giant-killing' to make up for it.

It seems that most teams have been going to OT with less fear and really giving it a good go and not giving United any respect. That's exactly what we need to do. Come out of blocks fast and do them some damage, get the crowd restless and their team nervous. Because of our pace, and given how ManUre have been this season, surely we're more than capable of upsetting them if we put our minds to it.

They're as slow as anything, and we're one of the more pacey teams in the league, really that should be playing right into our hands and we can get behind them on the counter attack and hurt them. This is a game for Gabby to put a shift in, like at Anfield.

However, it doesn't matter what form United are in, we'll bend over backwards to make sure that they win. We played them when they were in terrible form at VP and lost 0-3, and no doubt they'll get their annual double over us again. The thing is, we're owed a performance after the circus that was the Stoke game, and hopefully the players are up for another 'giant-killing' to make up for it.

It seems that most teams have been going to OT with less fear and really giving it a good go and not giving United any respect. That's exactly what we need to do. Come out of blocks fast and do them some damage, get the crowd restless and their team nervous. Because of our pace, and given how ManUre have been this season, surely we're more than capable of upsetting them if we put our minds to it.

They're slow in the middle, not out wide.

As I said at VP Rafael and Valencia ripped us to shreds all game down the left. Now when you add pacy players like Januazj, Nani, Young as other options to possibly run at Bacuna/Lowton that's obviously a problem for us.

The positive I can see going into this one is when we lost at VP Vlaar and Delph ddin't play and benteke was horribly off form so all three are in good form means I'm expecting us to make a game of it at least.