Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

The Anti-Moyes chanting and this below might play into our hands?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/david-moyes-out-manchester-united-fans-organise-old-trafford-flyover-to-protest-in-favour-of-sacking-the-chosen-one-9218655.html

Manchester United fans are set to ramp up their attempts to force the club to sack manager David Moyes after reports emerged they are planning to send a flyover message above Old Trafford calling for his head.

Moyes’ brief upturn in fortunes took a devastating blow on Tuesday night as his side put in one of their worst showing of the season to succumb 3-0 to rivals Manchester City – a result that almost flattered the home side such was City’s domination.

The company that made the prominent ‘The Chosen One’ banner - Stretford End Flags (SEF) - that also features Moyes’ headshot has confirmed that they have no intention of removing it ahead of this weekend’s visit of Aston Villa. But supporters have come together to raise almost £1,000 to front the cost of the flyover via the Red Issue website, with the slogan “Wrong One – Moyes out” set to shadow the Theatre of Dreams.

The move comes after ‘#MoyesOut’ began trending on social media shortly after the Manchester derby defeat, and with the Red Devils a hefty 18 points off the top of the Premier League, they are already guaranteed to secure their worst-ever finish since the inception of the competition in 1992.

In another blow to his credibility, Moyes has seen the usually supportive regional newspaper the Manchester Evening News start a Moyes ‘excuses generator’ compiling his best post-defeat explanations of his nine months in charge at the club.

moyes-closing-eyes.gif

Hopefully Benteke will see this as a perfect stage to rip Yanited a new back passage and put his name onto the world headlines .

Hopefully! 4-1 Villa. Benteke hat-trick and a Bacuna thunderbolt.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3

A Man Utd team containing 11 blind quadraplegic monkeys could beat this Villa team given the way we lube up and bend over for them every time we play them.

Nice easy win for Moyes and easy story for headline writers in the sunday tabloids: "What was all the panic about... scared/rabbit in the headlights Aston Villa give Moyes a lifeline with easy victory etc etc...." 

Nailed on defeat for me, 3-1. Our goal being a late consolation which is celebrated wildly by the 2,000 of us in the away end.

I had a feeling we'd get something against Chelsea, we got a very welcome 3 points.

However, even against a Man Utd side which is nowhere near the quality of the top 4 this season, there is just something about Aston Villa playing Man Utd, and something about playing at Old Trafford, it's so often just a stroll in the park 3-0 win for them. We regularly put up a good fight at places like Chelsea (won there 2 seasons ago, robbed by the ref this season), Arsenal (won at the Emirates under MON, Houllier and now Lambert) and Liverpool (unbeaten on our last 3 visits), however this game quite rightly brings out the pessimist in all of us.

A draw would be absolutely brilliant. I won't hold my breath.

£46 quid a ticket to watch us get smashed by the poorest Utd team in 20 years, no thanks. We showed again on Sunday our record against teams between 5th-15th is abysmal and that will carry on come Saturday 3pm.

We could play 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or 4-2-2 and still get dominated by a team that contains the likes of Cleverley, Welbeck, Felliani and Carrick at the 'Theatre of Dreams'.

Another embarrassing showing under Lambert, 4-1 United.

Edited by Avflife

Spend more time at OT than VP at the moment unfortunately (I work there) and let me tell you the pessimism on here is nothing compared to our office currently, or at least it shoudn't be!

Was chatting to the journo's today and they're really not looking forward to our visit, pace is their obvious achilles heel and so it should create the perfect storm for a nice Villa win! To be fair, this game just gets in the way for United, nobody will be up for it with City having just been, big CL game 3 days later and the vast majority would much rather stay 7th than qualify for the Europa.

I'm confident, but then again I was one of the lucky ones in December '09 to see Gabby get us our first win in something stupid like 26 years @OT, same again please Villa boys...

Edited by MyLord
  • Like 3

Not expecting anything from this match but know if we go there and play to our potential we could return with the three points.

Sounds like KEA will be missing so I'd be tempted to slot Bacuna back into midfield and put Lowton at RB.

Hoping that ManUre's players are looking at the trip to Bayern on Tuesday instead of turning up on the pitch tomorrow.

I'd select:

....................Guzan

.....Lowton.Vlaar.Clark.Bertrand

.......Bacuna.Westwood.Delph

..Albrighton.Benteke.Agbonlahor

Subs: Steer, Bennett, Baker, Sylla, Weimann, Holt, Gardner

• Like 2