Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Is KEA definitely out? Big loss if so.

It really isn't

It really is. Who else will pressure their midfield in the manner that Karim does? You can see that Lamber clearly has 3 types of midfielders in his mind.

1)Box to Box - Delph

2)Ball playing 'intelligent' midfielder - Westwood

3) The pressure guy - Karim

We need him, his game is not a pretty one, but I think that he is a quiet hero of our team.

Well said and we will miss him.

Is KEA definitely out? Big loss if so.

It really isn't

It really is. Who else will pressure their midfield in the manner that Karim does? You can see that Lamber clearly has 3 types of midfielders in his mind.

1)Box to Box - Delph

2)Ball playing 'intelligent' midfielder - Westwood

3) The pressure guy - Karim

We need him, his game is not a pretty one, but I think that he is a quiet hero of our team.

Played well against Chelsea, when he went off against Stoke we crumbled. He'll be missed tomorrow.

KEA seems to have the balance of aggression about right for PL standards now. Harry and hassle without getting sent off or too many yellows. With him in we've stood up against some pretty good midfields.

• Like 1

Can't agree, KEA whilst he's done well is massively limited as a footballer. He's like Holman without the shooting ability

Holman is nothing like KEA, ridiculous statement to make. Although in the past he may have been off it a bit, lately he has done very well which is indicated by the fact that he makes more tackles and interceptions than any other player, often on the entire pitch rather than just for us. 

Limited as a footballer in terms of passing and such I agree, but he is the man who presses the opposition and wins us the ball back. I'm not saying he is everything to us but as of late he is definitely a key component to our team.

Edited by samjp26

KEA did well v Chelsea , they all did, then reverted to type v Stoke. We need to find a better player in the summer .

KEA has done well for the last few months. They all did well against Chelsea I agree, but they also all did shite against Stoke so picking out individuals doesn't make any sense, especially when he was only on the pitch for 33 minutes. 

I agree we could do with somebody better, but it's pretty obvious that he has done well lately and his tackles/interceptions have often been integral to any success we've had.

Yeah that I definitely agree with and I'm not getting carried away, but he definitely is a key to our midfield in terms of tackles and interceptions, which is something I think we'll miss tomorrow. 

Sylla did do it last year and kept KEA out of the team, but obviously as of late Sylla just isn't up to the mark. I guess we can try Bacuna there, he has done it for Groningen, but that all depends on whether or not Lowton really is in Lambert's plans since he hasn't even been in the squad again lately.

Doesn't matter who we pick. 

Doesn't matter who they pick. 

Doesn't matter how well we play. 

Doesn't matter how badly they play. 

Doesn't matter who the referee is. 

We are going to lose. 

• Like 1

I think they'll be relying on Rooney heavily too, it will be interesting to see how they line up

It will be , beating in mind they have a CL game on Tuesday aswell the likes of Ferdinand , Carrick, will struggle to play 3 games in a week. Maybe Ashley Young will get a game tomorrow

I think they'll be relying on Rooney heavily too, it will be interesting to see how they line up

It will be , beating in mind they have a CL game on Tuesday aswell the likes of Ferdinand , Carrick, will struggle to play 3 games in a week. Maybe Ashley Young will get a game tomorrow

He will. And the bastard will score.