Missing planes

tonyh29

Im not using the deaths of those people at all.

They tragically died, now the media is talking about the investigation into why, my point was about the media bias and the co-pilots religion not being mentioned.

This is a forum and this discussion is about the plane crash and anything related to it so im free to post my opinions.

I believe you are. I believe this because your posting had often been tinged with a victim complex. Even your explanation highlights that. You care more about Muslims being victims than the tragedy, hence your point being the important topic you want to discuss. 'See, you aren't blaming Muslims'.

Because of that, as free as you are to voice your opinions, as am I.

I'll not give this any more shrift, it's distasteful and directing away from fat more important matters. I'll await the next time Muslim victim complex is the most important element of a tragedy.

• Like 1

I believe you are. I believe this because your posting had often been tinged with a victim complex. Even your explanation highlights that. You care more about Muslims being victims than the tragedy, hence your point being the important topic you want to discuss. 'See, you aren't blaming Muslims'.

Because of that, as free as you are to voice your opinions, as am I.

I'll not give this any more shrift, it's distasteful and directing away from fat more important matters. I'll await the next time Muslim victim complex is the most important element of a tragedy.

Believe what you want, if you dont like my posts ignore me.

The probability is getting caught up in a plane crash incident is still pretty remote considering all the ones daily etc, probably more likely you'll be in a car or train crash although again these are very low.

Must say in the wake of 9/11 and all the major ramping up of security at airports and treating all passengers as potential terrorists, it's ironic to see the actual pilots taking the planes down now for whatever reasons.

I'm sure they'll be more coming out on him in the coming weeks.

Edited by VillaChris

They should have their own toilet so they don't need to leave the cockpit and even then 3 staff members should be required. The airlines won't do it because it cost them more money, same with all these mental health checks, im sure they do what they are required to but going out their way to do pre-flight checks etc won't happen. 

I'm sure they'll be more coming out on him in the coming weeks.

Quite a bit of speculation already.

His training and flying time for his career length have been questioned. He took a break during his assessment for 6 months, which was odd, and his flying time is low for his career length

I've also seen a lot of speculation that it's fairly likely he may have been under financial pressure. Pilots are not well paid in the main and not well looked after by the airlines. They undertake considerable cost (nearing £100k in some cases) to train, once they have the job their salary is poor and working conditions can be terrible. Couple that to apparent plans by Lufthansa to reduce pay, particularly for Germanwings pilots, and it isn't beyond the realm of doubt he might have been under considerable finance pressure.

They should have their own toilet so they don't need to leave the cockpit and even then 3 staff members should be required. The airlines won't do it because it cost them more money, same with all these mental health checks, im sure they do what they are required to but going out their way to do pre-flight checks etc won't happen.

In an ideal world I'd like a hot Swedish blonde to hand me toilet roll, but I still struggle to see where the third member of staff would come in when I go to the toilet. It does seem an unnecessary expenditure.

In an ideal world I'd like a hot Swedish blonde to hand me toilet roll, but I still struggle to see where the third member of staff would come in when I go to the toilet. It does seem an unnecessary expenditure.

What's also unnecessary is that a captain went for a piss and 150 people ended up dying. I'd suggest airlines are going to start coming up with all sorts of new procedures to get some confidence back from customers.

The co-pilot recently passed his psychological evaluation, so either he was really good at masking his true underlying mental state or there is a flaw in their evaluation process. 

I think a lot of people who suffer with depression and mental illnesses spend every day of their lives telling people they are okay whilst wearing a mask. I'd hold very little weight to psychological exams to be honest. I can't imagine they're very extensive. The better way to minimise this type of incident is to bring in remote control of planes imo.  

Sometimes automated stuff goes wrong, sometimes people go wrong. We can't have neither so we go with what we currently have, a bit of both.

Do we have a bit of both? I'm not so sure a control room can take control of a plane can they? This needs to happen asap. Of course, it needs to have manual over-ride in case of technical failure.

Edited by PieFacE

I can't imagine what it must've been like to be a passenger on that flight. Seeing the pilot and crew desperately trying, and failing, to get into the cockpit, then looking outside and seeing the plane slowly descending, knowing that something was wrong.

It makes me physically sick and it has completely freaked me out. Utterly tragic and we will never know the motives behind it.

Edited by KJT123

What's also unnecessary is that a captain went for a piss and 150 people ended up dying. I'd suggest airlines are going to start coming up with all sorts of new procedures to get some confidence back from customers.

There's no security procedure or technology on a plane that could stop a pilot who wants to crash his plane. The only way to prevent this is to have better psychological exams, however, since this sort of thing is so rare ( 3 or 4 examples in the whole commercial aircraft era ) would psychologists even know what to look for and what the red flags are? 

Thing is, you give remote access to someone in a control tower and they could do the same, whoever you give control to, something like this could always happen.

Give all responsibility to the aircraft and it hits an electrical storm, static storm and it crashes, it'd be, "well, someone should have been there to control it".

3 people in the cockpit? sensible, but very expensive, so your flights will get more expensive (and airlines would make profit out of it).

Thing is, you give remote access to someone in a control tower and they could do the same, whoever you give control to, something like this could always happen.

I'm sure there's a better way of doing it then that. 

Surely you could program into a plane a "safe" flight path for every specific flight, or certain altitude parameters to be within. For example, if the plane falls out of it's "safe" flight path, the control room are alerted, and if they cannot communicate with the pilot, or feel the passengers are in danger due to the direction the plane is headed, they have the power to take control of the plane and bring it back to it's "safe" flight path. 

So unless you have both a suicidal pilot and a guy in the control room who feels like killing people, in theory, these type of killings from planes shouldn't happen.

I'm sure it's not that simple in reality :lol:

Edited by PieFacE

Looks like the extended break in his training was for depression (beeb).

An officer has said there was one important piece of evidence pointing to that, found in his parents home (where he lived).

Shit..

Maybe all terrorists suffer from mental issues? You have to be pretty gone in the head to kill innocent people.

Anyway I am sure much more will come out in the coming weeks.

They're brainwashed. It's a bit different imo. Though, guess it's open for debate. I probably don't know enough about it though. 

I'm sure some terrorists do have mental issues, but generally, its seems they are brainwashed from a young age. Which isn't mental illness, it's manipulation. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

So still mental issues then no? 

We'd need someone who has been indoctrinated to answer that.

I don't believe that indoctrination causes mental illness. I believe that indoctrination can be used to manipulate sane people more than others, especially when it starts at a young enough age.

Â