Missing planes

tonyh29

• 2 weeks later...

Flames seen in the sky according to an eye witness  ... but then again we heard the same with MH370 which by all accounts went down a few thousand miles from that sighting

Plane was on it's 5th journey of the day so I guess it's possible it was mechanical but sounds unlikely at this stage

56 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The plane has an excellent safety record doesn't it? I fly a lot so this makes my toes curl. Plane crash is a horrible way to go.

1,326 deaths on A-320's  not including today  ... but a better way to look at it would be the Airbus A320 family has experienced 0.14 fatal hull-loss accidents for every million take offs, and 0.24 total hull-loss accidents for every million take offs; this is one of the smallest fatality rates of any family of jets included in the study

so I wouldn't look at the train for your Poland visits just yet

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

The plane has an excellent safety record doesn't it? I fly a lot so this makes my toes curl. Plane crash is a horrible way to go.

Its gonna be a minute or so of panic then instant death, there are far worse ways to go.

I'm surprised there are no confirmed signtings of crash site yet. Its a pretty busy area in reach of many countries jets in a small space of time.

• Like 1

The plane apparently swerved sharply before it crashed. Could be anything. Mechanical failure leading to loss of control, hence the swerve, if it was a bomb and it broke up large sections of the plane can dramatically change course and still be picked up on radar, could be the pilot... etc etc.

3 Egyptian security service guys on board as well.

Edit - as per usual, the media loving this. Sky News at the moment, have an aviations expert on, and completely expectedly, the host is desperately pushing the idea it was a bomb, even with the expert basically saying 'here's all the things that say it might not be a bomb'.

Edited by Chindie

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Debris found now so I guess we will know what happened in the coming day(s)

Not debris apparently, just a life jacket that could be from a migrant boat

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Not debris apparently, just a life jacket that could be from a migrant boat

Yeah so it seems

the plot thickens 

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

To be fair, looking for a piece of floating plane in the ocean is really **** hard.

Really? It can't be that hard. Given all the islands, people, planes, boats in the area. Knowing where its lost radar connection too. It surprises me that they've not found anything yet.

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Really? It can't be that hard. Given all the islands, people, planes, boats in the area. Knowing where its lost radar connection too. It surprises me that they've not found anything yet.

The ocean's *REALLY* **** big, and depending on what happened, the whole thing is probably underwater.

Edited by Davkaus

Â